(Closed) David’s Bridal SAS1210? Anyone tried this one?

posted 7 years ago in Dress
Post # 4
49 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 1989

I haven’t tried it on, but I just want to tell you about my experience with ordering a dress from DB online to try on. 

What they don’t tell you upfront is that if you don’t keep the dress, you have to return it in a new box.  You can’t use the DB box to ship it.  So I had to pay a huge amount of shipping to get it, then go to UPS and buy a box large enough to fit the DB box inside, then pay to ship it back.  All in all, getting to try on the dress cost me about $50. I’m glad I did because I had been eyeing it since getting engaged, so I would’ve always wondered about it.  In the end though, obviously, it just wasn’t my dress. 

Oh, and also you should go to DB first and put on a similarly cut dress just to get an idea of their sizing.  I ordered a 4 based on the site’s measurements but I actually wear a 2 in DB dresses.  So I would’ve had to spend another $50 to exchange the dress for a different size had I wanted it. 

I would sugget that if you have time, go dress shopping first.  Something else may knock it out of the running.  I was on a 2-day time limit to find a dress due to crazy circumstances… if I had had more time I would’ve shopped and then, if I didn’t love anything, ordered the online-only dress.  The way they do online dresses is such a ripoff, especially because you don’t get all the return shipping info until you want to make a return.

One last thing:  If you end up trying to decide between an in-store DB dress and an online one that you have ordered, my consultant happily let me bring my online dress and put it on right after the in-store one so I could decide between the two.  So that is a nice perk.

Post # 6
49 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 1989

Update me on how it goes!  I remember trying on a really similar dress in the store, so good luck!

Post # 7
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: April 2011

Hello–I ordered this dress and am very happy with it. I am 5’5 and it is too long, but otherwise it is very true to size. I first ordered a too large size,—it cost a little over 8 bucks to return it, which I did in the original box with no problem whatsoever. Let me know if you have any other questions!

The topic ‘David’s Bridal SAS1210? Anyone tried this one?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors