(Closed) David’s Bridal V3204 with Corset Back

posted 6 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: December 2012

I want to do the same and found this picture on David’s Bridal website in the reviews for our dress

!

Post # 4
1340 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

@ana77:  She probably didn’t want to do it because they theoretically take more time to construct and they are most likely currently swamped with summer brides. Have you consulted with a non-DB seamstress to see what kind of time and price you might be looking at? DB, as a whole, tends to charge outrageous prices for really poor workmanship.

Post # 5
5269 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: December 2016

I had this dress in white and loved how it zipped up in back. I would have needed it taken in up top but it made my back end look better I think than a corset:) I had it in white n took off the beading and bow myself. But ended up selling it bc I just didn’t love the dress from the beginning.  Anywhoos I think a corset might be toooo much with the beading and bow.

Post # 7
55 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I have the same dress and I have been trying to decide if I want to add the corset or not! You said that it was $175. Was that at David’s Bridal? Thanks!

Post # 9
9 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2012

That me and my dress πŸ™‚ I had mine done at davids worth every penny I paid for it. I got the corset because my bust to waist hip ratio was soo dramatic i needed to get a bigger size to fit over my boobs. The corset made it fit perfect

Post # 10
9 posts
Newbee

@ana77:  It looks lovely!!!! make sur eyou post pictures on your day !!!

Post # 12
9 posts
Newbee

@ana77:  Awesome ! I am getting married in 23 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

WHen is your big day?

Post # 13
442 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I also have this dress!! The corset looks really good!! How is everyone doing their bustle and how much was it?? I would like to have the bustle go up under the dress so that the back looks like the front but I’m sure it will be pretty expensive!!!

Post # 14
9 posts
Newbee

@sarahjc0015:  I got a layered bustle. It was 65 but was beautifully done!!!. Im getting married now in 11 days .I llpost the picture then.

Post # 15
155 posts
Blushing bee

Most definitely check and see if there’s a well reviewed seamstress in your area!  I found one and she charged me $120 for a corset back and a bustle…..and David’s Bridal wanted to charge just over $300!!!!!  Crazy!  

Then again, I’m now paying $75 for steaming/pressing….but that’s because I’m in a very small town with only one place that can do it………and they have a corner on the market so they just charge whatever the heck they want for it.

However, the dress looks gorgeous both with and without the corset back! 

Post # 16
1026 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I wouldn’t pay extra because they steam the dress.  Every seamstress I called for a price quote told me steaming was included at no extra charge.  I think the dress looks great with the corset back, but I’ve always loved that style.

The topic ‘David’s Bridal V3204 with Corset Back’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors