(Closed) David’s Bridal WG9871 Alterations

posted 7 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
301 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

when i asked davids bridal about altering dresses to have a low back or sweetheart they said i would have to take it somewhere else because they have contracts with the designers that they can not change the look of dress. i did not end up getting my dress there anyway but i think that dress would look great as a sweetheart but you will probably have to take it somewhere else to have done.

Post # 7
212 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I have this dress and just had my initial meeting for alterations.  We asked the alterations department at DB about altering the dress to more of a sweetheart… she said she would just sew in a “pinch.”  I wasn’t happy with that answer, plus I found this particular lady rude, so I went to a recommended independent seamstress.

She said that she can definitely alter it into a sweetheart but it will not be a sharp cut… that it would be softer to go with the flow of the dress.  Still a sweetheart and definitely dramatic.  Obviously, I do not have pictures yet (and won’t until closer to my wedding in July), but I am confident in her skills : )

Still unsure what I’m doing for a bustle!

Post # 9
212 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

@808mjm202:  i don’t know… we actually didn’t even ask!  My family has worked with her before, so I know her prices are reasonable.  Also, since the dress was $600 under budget, I’m not concerned with the cost of alterations.

The topic ‘David’s Bridal WG9871 Alterations’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors