- 6 years ago
- Wedding: September 2013
So I’ve been looking at various places in Atlanta for my 2013 wedding and every venue coordinator has been very easy to get in touch with and meet, except for one (going to avoid saying the name or the venue but you can see what venue in my other posts). The one venue my fiance and I are dead set on booking, we are having a really tough time scheduling a meet up or getting much information.
I originally contacted her for more information about the venue and then asked if we could meet. I could only meet at 6pm or on the weekend because I have work so she scheduled me out for 2 weeks. Then, several days before we were supposed to meet, I asked to move our meeting out because my fiance got some freelance work and he could not make it. At that point I also I emailed her to tell her my budget and whether we could make it work because I didn’t want to waste her time if we couldn’t negotiate something. She emailed me back 3 days later that she wanted to speak to me over the phone regarding my budget. I suggested that she would call me at a time that was good for her so she told me 11am. I decided to take my lunch early at work so I could talk with her. 10 minutes in, no phone call, so I called her and her coworker said she would call me back. 10 minutes after that she finally did and she was very nice but our whole conversation lasted 5 minutes.
She said she would take my budget to her boss and see if they can make it happen. She emailed me 2 hours later to say they could not negotiate any of their fees. At that point I asked what the discount would be for the “off-season”. She said she would write up a proposal and email it to me by end of the week. End of the week no response from her. I email her and ask if we can set up a time to meet again. At that point, my fiance and I went back to the venue and really decided on moving forward with it. I made clear in my email that we were very interested. She replied on Monday that she can meet in 2.5 weeks. I promptly email her back to confirm and ask if she can please send me a cost proposal because we are going to make it work and we want to book the venue very soon before our date gets reserved. It’s been a week and I haven’t heard anything back from her.
I know she’s probably very busy but this is getting kind of irritating. This is a very expensive venue and places are booking up fast for Spring 2013. I have this weird feeling like I’m bothering her because she’s so unresponsive. Am I overreacting in thinking that I shouldn’t be chasing someone I want to pay? Is this common for high-end wedding venues? How do we approach this?