December 2012 Babies – Part 4

posted 1 year ago in Pregnancy
1272 posts
Bumble bee

@TravelingBrit:  Thanks for starting a new thread! I have to go back and read to catch up with the old one. I don’t have LO a Christmas outfit yet. I received a coupon for Carter’s in the mail yesterday, so I plan on going there this weekend and getting a few items.

228 posts
Helper bee

@TravelingBrit:  Thanks for starting the new one!

We have a newborn “My first Christmas” onesie and pants from Carters and then my mom just bought us the most adorable plaid dress from Janie and Jack for Christmas too! I’ll try to take a picture of it tonite to show you ladies.

Off to go get another peek of our little lady! Today starts the weekly biophysical US where they are checking on the placenta and fluid levels.

127 posts
Blushing bee

Wow, part 4!  I’m really behind and need to look over Part 3 to catch up more, but I am glad to see everyone seems to be doing well!  I’ll just add my update for now.

Estimated Due Date?: December 8, 2012

How far along?: 35 weeks today!

Next Appointment?: Monday

Team?:  Pink

How are you feeling?:  Sore, tired, and stressed.  Baby is constantly up in my diaphragm, making sitting really uncomfortable a lot of the time.  Unfortunately, I have a ton of work to get done before she arrives along with some very strict deadlines, so I have been staying up late trying to get things done, all while also trying to be reclined on the couch to not be in pain.  Otherwise, I am excited that she will be coming soon! 

Is the third trimester what you expected?:  For the most part, yes.  It really hasn’t been so bad so far, and i expected to get more uncomfortable, sore, and tired.

What are you researching?: Nursing and diapering supplies.  We are planning on using cloth diapers, so I am trying to make sure we will have enough (and in the right sizes) for when she is born.  I also feel pretty clueless about what to get for breastfeeding and pumping.

What do you have left to buy?: Mostly just nursing supplies and other things for me postpartum.  I need to go through the clothes and other things that we have to make sure we are good to go, but I feel like we are for the most part.  

Do you have a name picked out: We have been using Cayla for a while now and it still seems to work.  We’ll see if i change my mind though once she is born.

looking forward to about not being pregnant anymore:  Being able to bend to get my shoes and socks on easily and sit without being uncomfortable mostly.  I’m also really looking forward to sushi and being able to unwind with a glass of wine.  Oh, and my old clothes!  My poor wardrobe is so sad now as I refuse to buy more clothes just for the next month.  I broke down and bought a second pair of pants that I can wear recently, but otherwise, I am done buying clothes.  It will be so nice to have some variety again!

Is your hospital bag packed?  Not at all.  I really should get on that, especially figuring out what I need to pack in the first place! 

Have you had your baby shower?: Yep.  I had both of mine quite a while ago now (August and September actually).  They were really great!  It was kind of nice to have them early too so that we could figure out what we needed to buy still and purchase things more slowly over the past coupole months. 

360 posts
Helper bee

@BlueMirrorEye – so exciting you’re getting so close!! I hear you on the clothes.  I bought most of my maternity clothes too early, so now they’re getting too tight/short for my giant belly….but I refuse to buy more.  LOL.

228 posts
Helper bee

The appt last week went well-of course baby was borderline on providing them what they needed during the biophysial US so then we had to stay on for another half hour to do a non-stress test, which she passed with flying colors. It was a long appt. She certainly loves her tests! They suggested I drink a glass of orange juice 30 minutes before each appt from now on to get baby up and moving.

Well I feel like we had a pretty productive baby weekend. Things we got done:

1. Finished putting up all wall decals in the nursery.

2. Put together glider (last piece of nursery furniture!)

3. Installed car seat (Far easier than people led us to believe this would be. Still need to get it inspected-have an appt on 11/12 for this)

4. Figured out caregiver situation-just need to finalize schedules between our moms and our neighbor who offered to nanny!

5. Bought baby memory book.

I still need to pack my hospital bag, which was on the weekend to-do list but will happen tonite. I feel like we got some other baby stuff done too this weekend but now I can’t remember what. Oh, and our maternity pictures were supposed to come in the mail on Friday but didn’t show up yet so we should be getting them today-if not, the photographer said she’d drop off another copy of the cd by hand tonite so we have them! I can’t wait to see them!

Hope everyone is well! We’re in the home stretch!!!

1272 posts
Bumble bee

@Milwaukeebride:  You had a very productive weekend. Are you in the nesting mode? It hasn’t hit me yet. Good news about the appointment. I always drink a glass of OJ in the morning. Habit, I guess.

@TravelingBrit:  I’m sorry about the low turnout at your baby shower. Did you get a lot of necessities? Was it more friends or family that didn’t show? That’s a bummer though! I had a few friends and family members that didn’t show up to mine and it hurt my feelings because I always support their events, but like you said, what can you do? I bet your cake was beautiful! I would love to see a pic.

Well, I feel behind. I haven’t done anything else besides the nursery and it’s still not 100% complete. I’m starting to feel overwhelmed. Like, we have all of these things to do, but so little time to complete them. I need to get on packing my hospital bag and give my house a good cleaning. I might hire someone to do that because I am not in the mood! At this point, I very rarely wash dishes or clothes. Thank God for DH who doesn’t mind chipping in with the housework.

I also wonder who will be the first to go on our board. We are so close! I’m just hoping that my LO will come before Christmas. I have a feeling she will. I hope she doesn’t trick me :)

511 posts
Busy bee

@TravelingBrit:  i’ve already started researching natural ways to induce labor, haha. i’m ready to go.

this weekend i had my “friends” shower and it was the cutest thing ever. our group of friends put together a memory book for the baby that started with, “remind me to tell you about the time…” and then it had stories of things that my husband and i had done with that person. granted, some of the stories might need to wait until this kid is in college, but it was really thoughtful. :)

my parents were also up this weekend and my mom helped clean our house and organize the nursery. i can’t believe there’s only 3 weeks and change left!!

228 posts
Helper bee

@TravelingBrit:  It all goes back to that “abnormal” first trimester screening for why we continue with the incessant testing. So apparently when you have the increased nuchal translucency is can lead to an increased incidence of still birth so I am now going once a week for the biophysical US to check and make sure the little lady is still healthy and the placenta and fluid levels are good. They will go growth scans every couple of times I’m there too. I’m hoping the orange juice helps enough to not be there over an hour every time by having to also do the non-stress test. Also, a funny moment when the perinatologist came in to chat with us he goes, “Are you still pregnant?” and when I confirmed that I was he said, “Longest.pregnancy.ever.” and my hubby said, “I’d like her to stay pregnant for at least 5 more weeks” and the perinatologist said, “I’d settle for 2.” We were like, “WHAT?!?! We’re not ready for her to come in 2 weeks!!!”

Glad your thyroid results came back better! Sorry to hear about the low turnout for your shower-that would be a bummer! I hear ya about the house being a wreck-I spent 4.5 hrs cleaning on Friday afternoon-I think I may have overdone it to my body that day! But there is still stuff EVERYWHERE. I guess that’s what life is like when you have a kid?

228 posts
Helper bee

@MARIE901:  I also have OJ every morning with my iron pill but this was an afternoon test so she was a little sleepy apparently. I had had a fun size KitKat but that didn’t wake her up enough I guess.

360 posts
Helper bee

Hi ladies,

It sounds like you all are getting so much done!!  I had plans to get things organized and packed, but we ended up spending a lot of the weekend in the hospital.

I had more spotting so they wanted me to go in for testing.  Everything came up perfectly normal and they found the reason for the spotting…so I don’t have to be running to the hospital every time it happens, which is awesome.  Apparrantly I have an irritated cervix that bleeds easily…but it’s not harmful at all.  So that was good news!

We had our growth ultrasound and found out the munchkin is 5lbs!  We’re in the 75th percentile.  Woo-hoo!  So glad the little nugget is doing good!

@meggyo – that book sounds adorable!  What a great idea!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.