December 2013 Babies: Part 5….It's The Final Count Down!!!

posted 3 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 4
1118 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

How many days until due date:

29 days!! Eeeeeekkkkkk

Do you have an induction planned:

No.  I guess I should really be talking to my dr’s about this but since everything has been going smoothly neither one of us has brought it up.  I do have high blood pressure and early on they mentioned inducing me a week early (nov 23 ish) but nothing has been mentioned since then…..

How are you on weight gain:

At my last appt it was 10 lbs.  However, to be fair I did lose weight during the first tri so if you count from my lowest weight during pregnancy I’ve gained about 15-17 lbs.  I’m happy with that and shocked.  I thought for sure I’d gain wayy more.

I’m most looking forward to: 

Seeing her, I can’t wait to see what she looks like.  And also be PP so that I know that I survived it, I’m not necessarily scared of delivery I just dont’ like the unknown and I feel like labor and delivery is sooooo unknown what will happen it doesn’t sit well with me.

Hardest part of this stage of pregnancy: 

Just being “bigger” for me is annoying. And the crazy heartburn/acid reflux, it’s been wayyyy worse the last few weeks for me!!

Any signs of labor:

Nope…. unless I just don’t realize it.  I asked my dr about it and she said some people are just more sensitive to that kind of stuff.. I guess I must not be very sensitive??  At my sono last week they said Alyssa was very low and I was probably feeling a lot of pressure….. um, not really???? 

What are you doing to prepare for labor (primrose oil, exercise ball, stretches…):

nothing.  LOL. 

What is left on your to do list:

Not much actually.  I need DH to set up the baby monitor and put together the pack n play… and we need to get our stroller/car seat figured out!!!  (trying to do that today)  But other than that we’re good.

Have you fully decided on a name yet for LO (and share, if you’re willing!): 

Alyssa Joann Montgomery

Are you getting any help when you return home from the hospital (DH, Mom, MIL…):

I think so, but haven’t really set anything in stone as my due date is dec 1 and thanksgiving is nov 28.. i could be induced a week early so thanksgiving travel plans could interfere.  I think my mom is planning to stay for a week or so after I have baby but again I kinda think it’ll depend on when I deliver.

Post # 5
183 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

Roll Call!!!

How many days until due date: 33 days

Do you have an induction planned: Nope.

How are you on weight gain: I’ve gained right around 30 so far. I’m hoping not too much more, but a lot of people have told me i’m still tiny, so maybe i still have more gaining to do.

I’m most looking forward to: Seeing what he looks like!  Seeing my DH as a dad, and my parents as grandparents.  Annnd sleeping on my stomach, and having an Oktoberfest beer. Embarassed

Hardest part of this stage of pregnancy: Sleeping.  i can’t seem to come up with the right combo of pillows to make it comfortable. My hips/back hurt, and i’m swollen.   

Any signs of labor: not yet! 

What are you doing to prepare for labor (primrose oil, exercise ball, stretches…): No plans yet.  I’ll probably bounce on the exercise ball when its closer.

What is left on your to do list: Install the carseat, pack our hospital bag.  Put up a decal on the wall in the nursery, and install shelves, then set up the monitor.   

Have you fully decided on a name yet for LO (and share, if you’re willing!): Still finalizing.

Are you getting any help when you return home from the hospital (DH, Mom, MIL…): My mom will probably come for about a week, then MIL will come for a few days.  DH has a couple weeks off work too, so hopefully I’ll have plenty of help for a few weeks at least.  Then we’ll be getting visitors for the holidays, so i’m not sure if they’ll be more helpful or just extra work, but we’ll make the most of it!

Post # 6
1242 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2012 - Chateau Briand

Roll Call!!!

How many days until due date: 60 days

Do you have an induction planned: not that I know of (is that bad??)  

How are you on weight gain: not bad. I was pretty heavy to begin with but as of now I believe I’ve gained about 17 pounds

I’m most looking forward to: meeting our baby girl. It’s our first and we cannot wait! I really just can’t wait to hold her 🙂 

Hardest part of this stage of pregnancy: waiting for the time to pass. And anything feet relate. (Pedis, socks, shoes!)

Any signs of labor: nothing yet. Finally got my first Braxton hick contraction (or at least one I could feel) but that’s about it. 

What are you doing to prepare for labor (primrose oil, exercise ball, stretches…): nothing, I’m so bad at this! 

What is left on your to do list: what isn’t left to do??? Pick a pediatrician,  finish the nursery, figure out a “labor plan”, pack a hospital bag for DH and I (and baby!), etc….

Have you fully decided on a name yet for LO (and share, if you’re willing!): Catalina Gloria 

Are you getting any help when you return home from the hospital (DH, Mom, MIL…): DH will hopefully be off about 2 weeks. My MIL will be staying with us for at least the first week we’re back from the hospital to help out 🙂

I can’t believe how close we all are! Probably horrible to admit this, but I’m kinda hoping to go a week or two early -___-

Post # 7
435 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2010

58 days!

I do not, baby girl can come when she is ready… I just hope she is ready closer to 40 weeks vs 42!

HA. yeah………….

I really really can’t wait to see my husband with his little girl. We went to Toys R US yesterday to pick up a board game for a party we were attending, and he asked if I wanted to walk around a little bit before we left (way out of character). I said sure, and he walks into the Barbie section… he says “Baby girl, can you hear me? I’m going to buy you this whole store!”

Melts my heart

I’m also very excited to meet her, I love her so much already and I can’t even imagine how much I am going to love her when she is in my arms. 🙂 <3

TBH, I haven’t really had any issues since 20 weeks when the sickness stopped. I think because I was so miserable/sick the first half, that there isn’t a whole lot that can be worse so I don’t notice a lot of the other stuff.

Any signs of labor:

Nope!

What are you doing to prepare for labor (primrose oil, exercise ball, stretches…):

We meet with our doula every week for a class, and other than walking I don’t have much planned.

With having a home birth, there is a lot of equipment I have to have. The house is all in order (nursery and all that), but I have quite a bit of stuff to get for the birth yet.

Elexa Leigh!

Are you getting any help when you return home from the hospital (DH, Mom, MIL…):

My husband is the greatest help of all time. He is selfemployed and works in realestate so he can make his own hours. I’ve also had MIL, Mom and SIL offer to help after the baby is born- but I would rather just have DH, baby and I for a little while. That may change though

Post # 9
1185 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2016

Roll Call!!!

How many days until due date: well I’m being induced early so 9 days!!

Do you have an induction planned: November 10th at 34+1 due to liver complications! 

How are you on weight gain: 10lbs!

holding my bubs! seeing my fiance with him!

Hardest part of this stage of pregnancy: I can’t be on my feet very long.

Any signs of labor: yes and no. I do get bad cramping. so I have to be careful on my feet.

What are you doing to prepare for labor (primrose oil, exercise ball, stretches…): think we might try some sexy time this last week to potentially help my cervix A LITTLE bit before my induction. 

What is left on your to do list: we are pretty much done… I need a few more hangers… I just have to pack our bags but I’ll do that the day before our induction cause I’m wearing those clothes often. And I have a few things for FI to clean well before we leave.. but were waiting cause we have a kitty so he sheds!

Have you fully decided on a name yet for LO (and share, if you’re willing!): yes we have but its a secret ! :]

Are you getting any help when you return home from the hospital (DH, Mom, MIL…): nope I want it to be just us!

Post # 11
1104 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Roll Call!!!

How many days until due date: 39 

Do you have an induction planned: nope and I hope to avoid it at all costs

How are you on weight gain: not good, about 35 pounds 

I’m most looking forward to: Seeing DH with our LO. Spending time together and getting to know each other. 

Hardest part of this stage of pregnancy: Getting out of bed. I have a slight issue with my hip that is pretty much fine during the day but gets really bad when I go to bed and it makes getting out of the bed with this big belly feel impossible.  

Any signs of labor: no, had a scare with some major cramping but it wasn’t labor!

What are you doing to prepare for labor (primrose oil, exercise ball, stretches…): nothing, she’ll come when she’s ready

What is left on your to do list: Install carseat and both bases (this weekend), finish the nursery, pack our bags. Still some stuff to buy and organize but one more shower at work on Wednesday so we are waiting. We did buy most of the big stuff already though. If baby were to arrive today we would be fine. 

Have you fully decided on a name yet for LO (and share, if you’re willing!): Stella is pretty definite and we are pretty sure the middle name will be Harper.  

Are you getting any help when you return home from the hospital (DH, Mom, MIL…): well we will have plenty of visitors but I’m not sure how helpful they will be lol.

Post # 12
25 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2010

Roll Call!!!

How many days until due date: 40 days

Do you have an induction planned: Not yet, but they will likely induce rather than let me pass my due date (due to GD)

How are you on weight gain: I’ve only gained 5 pounds vs my starting weight, but I lost about 10 in my first trimester, so if you add those in I’m up 15 pounds.

I’m most looking forward to: Meeting Emma! 

Hardest part of this stage of pregnancy: Back pain, constant pressure on my bladder, getting up 5 times a night to pee and then having to crawl back into my Snoogle, keeping my cool at work 

Any signs of labor: Nope. I still don’t feel the Braxton-Hicks contractions, although I know they’re happening because my doctor always points them out.

What are you doing to prepare for labor (primrose oil, exercise ball, stretches…): Nothing yet!

What is left on your to do list: what isn’t left to do??? Finishing the nursery (doing some more shopping this weekend), choosing a pediatrician, installing car seat, packing hospital bags

Have you fully decided on a name yet for LO (and share, if you’re willing!): Emma Elizabeth =)

Are you getting any help when you return home from the hospital (DH, Mom, MIL…): Not that we’ve discussed with anyone yet, but we’ll see!

Post # 13
doilyMember
1734 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2012 - Father's Vineyard Church/ A Touch of Class Banquet Center

48 more days!!

Only as a plan B! Because my EDD is right in the middle of the holidays, my midwife wanted to know what I wanted as far as induction past my due date so that we can make sure that it works. So if I go past my due date, I will probably be induced Dec 27th or 30th.  

As of this morning, I am still at 9 pounds!

Finally getting to hold and meet this little dude. Oh, and be able to put on my own shoes without trouble.  

Getting bigger and learning how to limit myself. I still often feel like I can go, go, go, but I have to learn that I really can’t do tha anymore.

Any signs of labor:

I have had two run-ins with pre-term labor and would like no more until 37 weeks!!  

Here in he nex few weeks I’m going to get an exercise ball, and start bouncing on it to get Baby D into a final locked and loaded position. As I get closer I will probably walk more, eat pineapple, attempt sexy time, and eat spicy stuff.  

Pack my hospital bag, wash and put away all of Baby D’s clothes, install a carseat, and work on the nursery (I have come to the conclusion that there is no way it will be done before he is born, and I am okay with that).

We have! I don’t feel comfortable sharing on here, but we love the name!

DH will be with me all the time for a few days after and then will stretch his paternity leave by doing half days for a few weeks instead of taking just a week of whole days. My mom and MIL will be in and out I’m sure. And my grandmother is coming to visit for a week as well!

Post # 14
99 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

43 days left! 

No but I’m sure I will.  I have GD and am on insulin, so I will have to deliver before my due date.  Will be discussing this with my doc on Monday.   

about 24 lbs!  I wish it was less, but it’s not.  LOL but hey, I’m pregnant.  

Not being pregnant.  Being able to eat real food again… Most of all getting to meet my little guy and seeing my husband as a father.  He’s going to be such a wonderful father!

Knowing when to rest.  I’ve been too hard on my body lately.  Especially with work I have to remind myself to SIT DOWN and relax.  Also my attitude, teaching high schoo isl definitely taxing on my emotions. 

Any signs of labor:

nope!  Just a day of contractions that were becoming regular until I rested and drank a ton of water.  Called L&D and they we’rent concerned. I’m at NST 2 X’s a week right now anyway.   

Nothing!  Just trying to mentally prepare.  I have been getting on my elliptical machine almst daily.  It helps with my blood sugars too.

Pack my bag!  Organize baby closet.  Install car seat. 

We have!

DH will be with me.  My mom will be coming to help daily and I’m sure MIL will be stopping by often.  I can’t wait for him to get here!

Post # 15
2193 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

55 days!

Not as of right now, still on the fence with the hypertension 

15 pounds!

Not being pregnant anymore! I’m over it, and looking forward to getting off all the meds

Having a husband who works out of town for 1/2 the month and feeling needy. 

Any signs of labor:

NOPE!!

Prenatal yoga but thats about it

The nursery. yup…. still not done that one 🙂

Still TBA

DH will be home for a month & on vacation post baby! So i will have loads of help, then he’s back to work for a week & home again for another month so i am VERY lucky to have that support since i know a lot of dads cannot take that much time off to be with their newborns. 

Post # 16
453 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

How many days until due date: 49!

Do you have an induction planned: TBD

How are you on weight gain: 15 lbs

I’m most looking forward to: meeting my daughter!! And knowing that she has arrived safely into this world 

Hardest part of this stage of pregnancy: SEX! And sleeping, the unknown as to when she will arrive, so many appointments!

Any signs of labor:  nope!

What are you doing to prepare for labor (primrose oil, exercise ball, stretches…): Nothing until I know if I’m going to be induced or have a c.  If neither, i may get rrl tea and eat dates, and attempt sex, haha.

What is left on your to do list: EVERYTHING! Havent had my shower yet, havent set up the nursery, havent selected a pedi, dont know what we are doing about child care…maybe i should list what i HAVE done, haha!

Have you fully decided on a name yet for LO (and share, if you’re willing!): Yes (first, not middle) but not sharing 🙂

Are you getting any help when you return home from the hospital (DH, Mom, MIL…): DH for sure!!! Other than that not really. The family will stop by a lot but not really be helping out.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors