December 2017 Babies

posted 5 months ago in Pregnancy
Post # 2
702 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2016

ROLL CALL

How far along are you? – 4 wks and 3 days

What is your estimated due date? – December 6th, 2017 which is actually one of my older brothers birthdays and December 8th is my birthday 😊

How many cycles trying? – 1 year this month. We got a bfp after 8 months. However, that pregnancy ended in a missed miscarriage. Baby stopped growing at 7 weeks, but the miscarriage didn’t actually complete until 13 weeks which happened on January 21st this year. We waited to start trying again when my regular cycle returned at the start of March and we got pregnant again right away!

When did you get your BFP? – I got a faint positive on Thursday, March 30th and then I took another test today that was a bit darker (April 1st).

Who have you told? – Only my husband knows so far. We’re going to buy 2 more tests tomorrow and I plan on taking one on Tuesday which is the day my period is supposed to be due and another one on Thursday. If progression is good and the lines are getting darker like they have been so far, then we plan on telling both of our parents on Thursday afternoon when my husband gets home from work.

When do you plan on telling more people? – Because we experienced a loss, we plan on being a lot more reserved with this pregnancy. For now, we just want to keep it between ourselves and our parents for at least the first 4 months. If everything is good and all of our appointments and ultrasounds indicate that my pregnancy and the baby is strong and healthy, then we’ll probably tell the rest of our family around the time we have our anatomy scan which will be around my husband’s birthday in July. That’s our plan for now anyways. We may loosen up a little and decide to tell people sooner, depending on the progression of the pregnancy. But for right now we’re just trying to take it day by day. We’ll tell our friends and family when we’re ready and we feel more confident that everything is okay.

How did you tell your partner? – I just called him at work to tell him. I didn’t do anything elaborate to tell him this time around. With our first pregnancy though, I got him a card to tell him that he was becoming a daddy and acted like it came in the mail for him from someone else. He was so surprised and didn’t expect it at all.

Any symptoms yet? – Cramps, feeling bloated, peeing more, appetite increased and I feel like I can’t drink enough water.

What are you most excited about? – Mostly to get to the finish line so I don’t have to worry so much lol but I’m trying not to! I think at this point though, I’m just looking forward to hearing a heartbeat because with my first pregnancy I didn’t get to hear one. By the time we reached my first ultrasound, the baby had already stopped growing for almost 2 weeks prior.

When is your first appt? – April 18th to confirm pregnancy and to get an OB referral.

Post # 3
43 posts
Newbee

ROLL CALL

How far along are you? – 3 weeks 5 days, according to my app

What is your estimated due date? – December 13

How many cycles trying? – .. I think three or four

When did you get your BFP? – April 2 at 15dpo

Who have you told? – Husband, my two sisters and my grandmother

When do you plan on telling more people? – 12 weeks

How did you tell your partner? –Ran out of the bathroom with the pee stick, I was in shock lol

Any symptoms yet? – Tender, itchy breasts and tingy/crampy feelings

What are you most excited about? – Adding to our family of me, my husband and our two pups

When is your first appt? – I’m calling the Dr. tomorrow to try and get an appointment on Wednesday!

Post # 4
3977 posts
Honey bee

Yay!

ROLL CALL

How far along are you? – 4 weeks and 1 day!

What is your estimated due date? – Estimated due date (calculated by me) is December 12.

How many cycles trying? – First real try (eep!)

When did you get your BFP? – April 3

Who have you told? – Just my husband (and a nurse on the phone!)

When do you plan on telling more people? – My mom is visiting in May so we’ll tell her then…not sure if we’re going to wait to tell the rest of the parents at the same time (so no one’s feelings get hurt) or wait until we see them at the end of June (so we can tell them in person). Everyone else will be in July once we tell our families.

How did you tell your partner? –Went into the kitchen where he was eating breakfast and was like “uhhh, you might want to see this!”

Any symptoms yet? – Some mild cramping, bloating and I’m always cold!

What are you most excited about? – Besides the baby itself, making it over the 12 week mark (will rest a bit easier), and decorating a nursery!

When is your first appt? – End of May (they want to wait until you’re further along I guess)

Post # 7
424 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

🙂

ROLL CALL

How far along are you? – I just got my positive last night. Based off the What To Expect App … 4 w 5 d

What is your estimated due date? – Estimated due date 12/9/17 but will confirm at first ultrasound

How many cycles trying? – 2

When did you get your BFP? – 4/5/17

Who have you told? – DH, my mom, and one co worker (I have a big mouth lol)

When do you plan on telling more people? – 12 weeks

How did you tell your partner? I took a pregnancy test and left it while it was showing only one line.. Forgot about it as I went to care for our 8 month old. He went on the bathroom and was yelling honey come here! come here!

Any symptoms yet? – nothing yet. butterflies in my tummy 🙂

What are you most excited about? – for our oldest daughter to be a big sister!

When is your first appt? haven’t called yet

Post # 8
3977 posts
Honey bee

So how is everyone feeling? And what are you guys doing regarding exercise/being active?

Post # 9
305 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

Ladies I just tested 5 days early this morning and got my BFP! I’m over the moon! SO clearly I’m very very early. Going to take a few more tests this week and book a Dr appointment! Should be due around December 21!

Post # 11
702 posts
Busy bee

ClaudiaKishi :  Congrats on your pregnancy! Is this your first child? And that sucks that they’re making you wait to have your first appointment until May. I would be losing it if I had to wait that long lol

I’m not feeling too bad right now symptom wise, but I’m only 5 weeks and 3 days. So I’m sure that’ll change lol I don’t have any morning sickness YET (thankfully), but I’m still getting most of the normal symptoms… Peeing lots, increased appetite and thirst, cramping and I started feeling tired pretty much as soon as I hit 5 weeks. And in terms of exercise, I’ve been trying to take it easy. I walk my dog twice a day for 30 mins each. So I feel that’s enough to keep it at a minimal for now. I just went through a miscarriage at the end of January and now that I’m pregnant again, I’m scared to do too much right now.

I go in for my first appointment on April 18th to get my pregnancy confirmed by my family doctor and so I can get an OB referral. I’m anxious to see an OB so I can get in for my dating ultrasound. All I want is to hear my baby’s heartbeat at this point! I didn’t get to hear one during my last pregnancy because the baby had stopped growing by the time I got to my first ultrasound. So I think once I hear that, I’ll feel a lot better. But we’ll see what happens. I’m just trying to take it day by day at this point. But I’m happy that I’m pregnant again though. I feel like I have something to look forward to again! How about you? How are you feeling so far?

ElleQ :  Yay! Congrats. So you’re probably around 4 weeks right now. That’ll be such an awesome xmas gift 🙂

Post # 12
702 posts
Busy bee

Also, I don’t know if you ladies can help me with this… But I did a due date calculator on BabyCentre.com and it said my due date would be on Dec 6th based on the first day of my last period which is March 1st. But I did another one on a site called yourduedate.com and it calculates your due date based on the first day of you last period plus your cycle length (34 days) and it calculated Dec 12th. So I don’t know which to believe lol I’ve heard that you calculate your due date differently based on your cycle length because just doing it by your LMP is soley based on a 28 day cycle. So I don’t know which one to go by. I’m so confused lol

Post # 13
4238 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

MrsWitty :  You’ll have a better idea of your due date when you see the doctor!

Post # 14
702 posts
Busy bee

SeaOfLove :  I know. I just wanted to ask because I have a bunch of people telling me that I’m calculating it wrong because of my cycle length. But I’ll talk to my doctor about it when I go in for my appointment. It’s just confusing, that’s all.

Post # 15
4238 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

MrsWitty :  There are so many different calculators, it will drive anyone nuts! I believe it’s only about 20% of women give birth on the due date. I would say, look at it as a range, then go with what your doctor says 😉

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors