- 5 months ago
- Wedding: December 2017 - Friendship Plaza
Holy cats, y’all.
For me, it’s nearly 3 months away: our date is Sunday, Dec. 17th.
The anticipation and excitement is setting in, along with some anxiety that it all gets done!
How is everyone doing? What all else do you have on your list to take care of?
For me, what’s left to do that is worrying or at least… making me anxious that I need to take care of is:
1. FI said he wanted to construct our chuppah. I know he really wants to do this. I’ve insisted if it’s not happening (he is incredibly busy) by two months prior, I’m buying or renting one (we’re an outdoor wedding). I’m kind of feeling that I need to take care of it now, just to DO it. A come-to-Jesus conversation is forthcoming.
2. My custom invitatations have taken longer than estimated at every turn. Pros, they’re gorgeous, I love them, and they will get here… eventually, and in time, (ahem, they should). They’re shipping by 9/22 so will be here at the beginning of October, and so should be in all of the guest’s mailboxes by mid-October, with a RSVP due date of Nov. 10th. It’s just… TIGHT.
3. I can’t get my act together on the wedding programs, both in terms of figuring out what I want them to say and ordering them. I think I’ll be going with Minted, but I’ve been dragging my feet on them because I’m not the best at making it all work with putting it all together.
4. I can’t find a cake topper I like. I know, small potatoes. Why a simple bride and groom evades me, who knows!
5. Anxiety about putting together the music playlist … making the tech work, etc. It’s on us and FI wants to do it ourselves, but it’s one of those things he needs to do because I don’t really know how it all works, and he really wants to do it, but then it doesn’t happen as fast as *I’d* like because he’s busy, etc, etc. I just tell myself, worst case scenario we’ll use the Pandora station in the restaurant. Ha!
6. Finding the right, pretty dresses for his daughters (9 and 11). Need to go shopping in the next month. I also wanted to make a fun, indulgent day of it and take them to a special tea house, and they moaned and said they didn’t like tea, which was… hurttful. Still need to buy dresses though! (They don’t mind that part).
Would love to hear about everyone else’s feelings and where you all are at in your planning and prep!