December 2017 Brides unite!

posted 1 year ago in December 2017
Post # 32
232 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2017

I had a fun week last week re wedding planning! Got my invitations printed and ordered my cake centrepiece! I got both the invitation image and the cake centrepiece from Etsy (and had the invitations printed for $50!).  My fiance was feeling blue that our doggies wouldn’t be at the ceremony (we’re having a DW), so I got them as our centrepiece 🙂  

I’ll have the invitations sent out by the end of this week! Then it’s waiting until May (RSVP deadline) to buy the welcome bags & table decor.  Yayyyyy!

Post # 33
46 posts
Newbee

December 3rd, 2017 bride here!  Our venue has a very Tuscan feel, and so we are completely embracing it.  Our colors are cranberry with gold and champagne accents, which goes perfectly with my dress.  It seems so far away, but getting more and more excited every day!  On Thursday, we are going to look at wedding bands – I think I found mine!  Our DJ is paid off, my bridesmaids’ dresses have been ordered, our cake tasting/designing is booked, my bridal shower is booked…things are just coming together perfectly.  December 3rd cannot come soon enough!

Congrats, fellow December Bees!

Post # 34
6 posts
Newbee

Hi there! 

Just got engaged on Saturday. We’re planning our wedding for 12/31/2017!! We have some really great ideas for doing some non-traditional party-style wedding stuff but nothing is finalized yet. Just glad I found a support group! LOL!! 

Post # 35
78 posts
Worker bee

Dec 23 2017 here, intentionally close to christmas because we’re having it in our hometown so almost everyone will already be around. Our colors are burgundy/wine, dark plum, and a similar green to those shades (very 90s crushed velvet without the crushed velvet lol) I feel so behind compared to all of you! Still dragging my feet looking for the perfect venue in our budget. We’re hoping to have more of a brunchtime reception than the traditional dinner and dancing because SO and I are introverts, and we want to let folks have the afternoon to enjoy the day or get in last minute shopping. Anyone else planning an alternative reception?

Post # 36
1113 posts
Bumble bee

A little update here!!!! 

Clothes Colors: Black tuxes – guys just have to go get fitted now. Dark Gray for girls dresses – they’re all ordering them by the beginning of June.

Flowers: Red hydrangeas, white and red calla lilies and red roses – bouquets are done and so are boutonnieres. 

DJ is booked for sure since my last update.

Centerpieces: White or red calla lily (each table will have alternating colors) submerged in water with tealight and clear rocks at the bottom. That will be sitting on top of a mirror with chocolate kisses around the mirror. Just have to put them together. 

Cake: Ordered as of last week – doing a 3 tier cake (cake topper already ordered and received) and two sheet cakes – cream cheese frosting and vanilla cake and strawberry swirl cake. A family friend has made cakes for many many years and my aunt will bring it down. 

Honeymoon: Maui, Hawaii. FH was concerned about zika virus so we decided to do Hawaii instead. Will be booking soon. 

Dress: Tried it on last week and I still LOVE it. I’ve gained weight since I bought it before my wedding that never happened, but it still fits. Now time to tone up a bit! 

Wedding Bands: Ordered FH’s band and will have it engraved after we get it. Will see if I like mine once more before we have them ordered. 

Invites: ordered them 5/8 with a 40% off coupon code for vistaprint and will send them out end of august/beginning of September…..and RSVP deadline is October 26th so I have time to chase down answers before final count time. 

Wedding signs: Most of the chalkboard ones are done except the program one (I’m not buying paper ones because they just get thrown away. I have to print a few other ones out to put in a picture frame and write the program one and I’ll be done with signs. 

Readings: Figured them out this past weekend. 

Timeline for day of: DONE.

Hmmmmmm. What else. First dance is picked out. Mother-Son dance is figured out…have to figure out a father daughter dance – I thought I had one and then changed my mind. 

Bridal Party gifts: Almost done, just one more thing to order. 

Parents gifts: Ordered the gift for my parents…have to figure out what to do for his parents. 

Hope you girls are doing well with your planning!!! 😀 Enjoy it and the summer while you can! 

Post # 37
735 posts
Busy bee

Just popping in to say hello. Starting to plan a wedding for 28th Dec 2017!

Post # 38
46 posts
Newbee

173 days, just under 6 months until our big day!  We have so much done, and my dress just came in!  It’s so incredibly beautiful and it fits perfectly.  My fitting is in October and I’m trying hard to either lose or maintain weight.  Our wedding bands are purchased and we saved a lot of money on them, so that was a real treat.  My bridal shower is underway, and my mom just told me the date — September 30th!  I’m so excited!  We just started looking into booking our honeymoon — California!  Back when we got engaged, and even up until we hit the 6 month mark, everyone was telling us how fast it would go, but it was actually dragging.  Now the countdown is on, and everyday it’s beginning to feel more and more real!  I’m so excited for our wedding and I know it’s going to be absolutely beautiful, but I can’t wait to marry my best friend and start our lives as husband and wife.

Post # 39
232 posts
Helper bee

Nearly 6 months out now! 189 days to be exact ;).  We’ve just ordered our welcome guest bags and place cards/thank you gifts.  My fiance loves rocks so the agate slice name cards were a nod to him.  The wedding is a DW in Puerto Vallarta so I’ve also just created a survey for the guests to choose their top excursions and we’ll take them all out for some sailing/whale watching.

Personalized beach bag / palm tree print / tropical tote bags / summer tote handbags / tropical wedding reception

Fiance has his suit in and my dress fitting will be sometime in the early fall.  Stepmom has asked to throw a shower (more of an informal bridal garden party, all genders welcome) that will be in late August.  Last big things to take care of are the rings and getting our paperwork signed off by the Mexican consulate! Then it’s fun stuff like minor table decor & goodies for the welcome bags. Yay! 

Post # 40
38 posts
Newbee

We are getting married December 7th at City Hall. 

Post # 41
24 posts
Newbee

Don’t know how to tag people yet but another 12/2/2017 bride here! I spy THREE date twins 🙂 

Planning is going well! Semi destination wedding on San Juan Island, WA so I’m trying to incorporate an island/coastal theme into a winter wedding. Any ideas so this doesn’t turn out tacky are welcome LOL. Colors are black and white, dress is a plain tulle ballgown, florals are evergreen garlands on long tables. Caterer, liquor/bartender, florist, photographer, hair/makeup, lodging and DJ are booked. Yay for winter weddings!

@Pippapotamous – Not sure if that tagged you but those are the prettiest name cards 🙂 

Post # 42
199 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 2017 - Baltimore. MD.

December 30, 2017 here. I Just got my save the dates, I’ve ordered my dress and shoes, paid for the cake, photographer booked, booked the ceremony and reception venues, working on some DIY decor and favors still hunting caterers and djs.

I feel so overwhelmed already!

Post # 43
1113 posts
Bumble bee

You guys….I’m soooo excited for our wedding!!!! 😀 12/2 bride here. I feel like I got started soooooo early and now I’m having trouble finding stuff to do and feeling like I’m forgetting stuff. 

Post # 44
121 posts
Blushing bee

15th December here!

I feel as though I have hit the calm before the storm. I’m only ticking off little jobs at the moment as most things are chosen and booked. Either that, or I’m missing something!

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors