December 2017 Brides unite!

posted 1 year ago in December 2017
Post # 32
185 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 2017

I had a fun week last week re wedding planning! Got my invitations printed and ordered my cake centrepiece! I got both the invitation image and the cake centrepiece from Etsy (and had the invitations printed for $50!).  My fiance was feeling blue that our doggies wouldn’t be at the ceremony (we’re having a DW), so I got them as our centrepiece 🙂  

I’ll have the invitations sent out by the end of this week! Then it’s waiting until May (RSVP deadline) to buy the welcome bags & table decor.  Yayyyyy!

Post # 33
41 posts
Newbee

December 3rd, 2017 bride here!  Our venue has a very Tuscan feel, and so we are completely embracing it.  Our colors are cranberry with gold and champagne accents, which goes perfectly with my dress.  It seems so far away, but getting more and more excited every day!  On Thursday, we are going to look at wedding bands – I think I found mine!  Our DJ is paid off, my bridesmaids’ dresses have been ordered, our cake tasting/designing is booked, my bridal shower is booked…things are just coming together perfectly.  December 3rd cannot come soon enough!

Congrats, fellow December Bees!

Post # 34
6 posts
Newbee

Hi there! 

Just got engaged on Saturday. We’re planning our wedding for 12/31/2017!! We have some really great ideas for doing some non-traditional party-style wedding stuff but nothing is finalized yet. Just glad I found a support group! LOL!! 

Post # 35
49 posts
Newbee

Dec 23 2017 here, intentionally close to christmas because we’re having it in our hometown so almost everyone will already be around. Our colors are burgundy/wine, dark plum, and a similar green to those shades (very 90s crushed velvet without the crushed velvet lol) I feel so behind compared to all of you! Still dragging my feet looking for the perfect venue in our budget. We’re hoping to have more of a brunchtime reception than the traditional dinner and dancing because SO and I are introverts, and we want to let folks have the afternoon to enjoy the day or get in last minute shopping. Anyone else planning an alternative reception?

Post # 36
1110 posts
Bumble bee

A little update here!!!! 

Clothes Colors: Black tuxes – guys just have to go get fitted now. Dark Gray for girls dresses – they’re all ordering them by the beginning of June.

Flowers: Red hydrangeas, white and red calla lilies and red roses – bouquets are done and so are boutonnieres. 

DJ is booked for sure since my last update.

Centerpieces: White or red calla lily (each table will have alternating colors) submerged in water with tealight and clear rocks at the bottom. That will be sitting on top of a mirror with chocolate kisses around the mirror. Just have to put them together. 

Cake: Ordered as of last week – doing a 3 tier cake (cake topper already ordered and received) and two sheet cakes – cream cheese frosting and vanilla cake and strawberry swirl cake. A family friend has made cakes for many many years and my aunt will bring it down. 

Honeymoon: Maui, Hawaii. FH was concerned about zika virus so we decided to do Hawaii instead. Will be booking soon. 

Dress: Tried it on last week and I still LOVE it. I’ve gained weight since I bought it before my wedding that never happened, but it still fits. Now time to tone up a bit! 

Wedding Bands: Ordered FH’s band and will have it engraved after we get it. Will see if I like mine once more before we have them ordered. 

Invites: ordered them 5/8 with a 40% off coupon code for vistaprint and will send them out end of august/beginning of September…..and RSVP deadline is October 26th so I have time to chase down answers before final count time. 

Wedding signs: Most of the chalkboard ones are done except the program one (I’m not buying paper ones because they just get thrown away. I have to print a few other ones out to put in a picture frame and write the program one and I’ll be done with signs. 

Readings: Figured them out this past weekend. 

Timeline for day of: DONE.

Hmmmmmm. What else. First dance is picked out. Mother-Son dance is figured out…have to figure out a father daughter dance – I thought I had one and then changed my mind. 

Bridal Party gifts: Almost done, just one more thing to order. 

Parents gifts: Ordered the gift for my parents…have to figure out what to do for his parents. 

Hope you girls are doing well with your planning!!! 😀 Enjoy it and the summer while you can! 

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors