(Closed) December 26, 2009

posted 9 years ago in December 2009
Post # 3
2324 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: February 2018

You’re not crazy for picking your grandmother’s birthday, but are you expecting a lot of OOT guests? I wouldn’t travel on Christmas except for a very very close friends or family wedding.

Post # 4
237 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2009

I agree with KateMW. Also, a lot of people tend to get stressed before the holidays with gift shopping, sometimes money issues and family visits packed in. I think it’s nice you want to honor your grandma and hopefuly it all works out! I would say send STDs very very early.

Post # 5
1246 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

I think if you’ve got a lot of guests close by, or who will be traveling to your wedding city for the holidays, then it’s a great idea. 🙂 Definitely send save-the-dates now, though!

Are you going with a Christmas theme for the reception or for something different? That’s so sweet about your grandma!

Post # 7
256 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

It sounds very nice and I think it’s beautiful that you want to honor your grandmother but I do think it’s a lot to expect of people. Like others have mentioned Christmas is a time when people are dealing with their own family gatherings and money is already tight. I hope that is works for you though. Good luck!

Post # 8
418 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2009

I’m getting married on December 27, 2009!!

And it’s a destination wedding in Vegas! Luckily, all of our family was happy to have an excuse to vacation in LV! More and more people keep telling us that they are coming and we are super excited about it!

Post # 9
37 posts
Newbee

Im getting married December 28th in South Africa at a game reserve!  It will be summer over there, so atleast I can have a nice outdoor wedding.. i was thinking of having the ceremony out in the bush (for anyone that doesnt know what that is, its just another word for “in the wild”)… there will be zebras, impalas, elephants etc running around!!  Super exciting!

And most of my guests are flying out on Christmas day (ive checked, and its MUCH cheaper to fly on that day).

This is where im having my wedding http://www.itaga.co.za ..  Cant wait!!!

Post # 10
1 posts
Wannabee

I am also getting married on Dec. 26.  It is a small wedding (around 45) and most are in town.  Everyone has been thrilled at the date.  I can’t wait!!!

Post # 11
47 posts
Newbee

No way, you are definitely not crazy!  I just think its a “know your audience” kind of thing.  I’m getting married on December 19, and the date has fortunately (mostly) been a nonissue for me.  My fiance and I discussed it, and we’re ok with the fact that not everyone can make it, but for us that’s pretty much true no matter when we picked because friends and family are so scattered, so we decided to just make ourselves happy- and sent the save the dates early like you did! Smile  Your colors sound perfect!  I went with dark green, gold and ivory for a similar kind of look… something festive without beating people over the head with santa! 

Post # 12
37 posts
Newbee

SarahEm-  My main color is green.. my BM are wearing a clover type of green, and my mom and my FMIL are wearing brown.. i think it will be pretty.  I would have NEVER thought I would have chosen those colors for my wedding..I always thought id go with pink 🙂 

Is anyone else’s colors green and brown/gold?  Id love to get some ideas for my bouquet.  Also, what colors would the GM and our dads wear (shirts)?

Post # 13
47 posts
Newbee

SoonToBeWife- your colors sound gorgeous!  I too thought I’d go with pink, but this mossy/forest shade called my name!  We’re doing basic MW tuxedos with green vests for the dad’s and gm’s (the selection there is so-so but the color match was spot on) and a friend is making bouts for them with velvet flowers.  The bridesmaids are all carrying white roses mixed with eucaluptus, cedar, and other greenery- and I’m carrying the same but with little stephanotis flowers and crystals in there for some bling!  We went with roses because they were so cost effective, but there are some gorgeous options out there if you want to splurge!

Post # 14
5993 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2010

orginally we were going to be married 4 days before chrismas and even the wedding co-ordinator at the time nearly passed out at the thought (and im in sydney australia so its ******* hot that time of year).

youre close to the craziest bride ever but i love the date!  

Post # 15
14 posts
Newbee

I’m getting married December 27th, 2009! It’s my parents’ anniversary, and with Christmas being a Friday, I didn’t want the rehersal to be Christmas Day night. My BMs are wearing red dresses, and it’s going to be very much a Christmas themed wedding. Cocktail hour music will be Christmas carols, the centerpieces are vases filled with Christmas ornaments. My FH and I know that not everyone will be able to make it, but those who matter with make the sacrifice to come. I pray there’s not a snowstorm!

Post # 16
418 posts
Helper bee

@soontobemrscrane I’m a 12/27/09 bride too! We chose the 27th so that we wouldn’t have to do anything on Christmas day as well. We are excited that the church will already be beautifully decorated and won’t have to spend any money on that. My BMs are wearing black with silver accents.

The topic ‘December 26, 2009’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors