Post # 1
What are you planning on doing this month? I am
- Working on my veil
- Sending my second deposit for the venue
- Picking my florist
- Sending save the dates (yes this has been on my list since August)
- Asking my brothers to be ushers (while I’m home for christmas break)
- Possibly bridesmaid dress shopping (only time I will be home to go with the bridesmaids, but they have permission to go alone whenever they want and guidelines for picking their dresses)
- Possibly MOB and MOG dress shopping. Probably not though.
- Moving out of my parents house (they sold it, I haven’t lived there in years but I have my childhood things there)
- Moving FI out of his parents house (he hasn’t lived there in years but they want his stuff out)
Post # 4
- Cake tasting (tomorrow) and one other meeting with a baker to decide
- Just mailed out my Save the Dates today
- JUST BOOKED OUR HONEYMOON–Woohoo!!! Going to Puerto Rico & a 7 day Carribean Cruise
- Plan the ceremony with my Aunt (who is officiating)
- Plan the DJ/event agenda with my grandfather who is DJing–yep, he does it for a living 🙂
- Complete a trial run of DIY flowers by ordering from Sam’s Club & making bouquets
- Decide on BM dress style–so we can keep an eye out for sales/deals
Luckily, the major things like venue, photographer, dress and theme/decorations have been decided and purchased. But there is still a little ways to go. Some days though, I wish my wedding was next month, so it would happen already!
Post # 5
Wow! you guys r doing great! I’m finishing med. school in June and I’m working hard to sail through my exam with God’s help,of course! Excited about getiing married thru it all!!
Post # 6
Put in deposits for band/DJ and florist
start thinking about bridesmaid dresses (I’m behind on this)
enjoy the holidays!
Post # 7
@eirene365: Welcome to the bee!
Post # 8
- Wedding: August 2013 - Brookfield Zoo
We have to…
- send out save the dates
- work on invitation design
- buy some “sample” table number holders to experiment with painting
tbh I’m going to be less than ambitious this month; work’s busy and of course the holidays are upon us!!
Post # 9
I think I may have mentioned elsewhere that December will probably be a lost cause for me as far as planning goes, due to work and the move. However, once again, finding a florist is still on the list. Maybe if I hope hard enough, the time will free up and I can make it happen…?
Post # 10
I have like, one thing on my list:
1. Figure out flowers.
I can’t decide if I want to hire a florist or not. They just seem so darn expensive! But will I really want to DIY? Do I trust fiftyflowers.com? Can I half DIY? So confusing. Maybe I’ll start a WB post about it… But the goal is to either pick a florist, or not. Sigh.
Ideally, I’d also do the following:
2. Get my MOH’s dress.
3. Register for gifts.
4. Order Save the Date Cards.
5. Book the band!
6. Finalize guest list, like for real.
Bonus: Figure out pre-marital classes
Post # 12
I am super crazy with grad school this month, plus the holidays with our two huge families so I am keeping it simple.
Send out Christmas cards/save the dates
Collect bottles and trays for centerpieces (still going!)
Try to find fabric for the flower girl dresses my mom is making
Post # 13
I don’t really have a December list. I am going to try to relax and focus on the Holidays. But that alone is making me feel pretty stressed out. We might not even decorate this year since we go to my parents in NJ for Christmas. We will see. Also might look into a photobooth this month.
Post # 14
- Wedding: August 2013 - Rocky Mountains USA
Well I didn’t really make it through my November list, so it’s turned into a December list 😉
– design and order Save the Date postcards to be sent out early January
– collect all addresses for STDs
– reserve hotel room blocks
– talk to our bridal party (my sister, his brother and sister) about being in the wedding and what to wear
– enjoy our 3 week pre-moon in Nicaragua!!!! Scuba, surfing, climbing volcanoes, vegging on the beach, oh my!
Post # 15
- Wedding: August 2013 - Rosehill Community Center
I feel like the same things have been on my monthly to-do list for the past 4 months…
- Trying on dresses tomorrow and Sunday (hopefully making a FINAL DECISION.)
- Discuss catering more, get one more quote, then just decide already and get that over with
- Do a little more DJ research, hopefully meet with a couple, and maybe decide? I’m not terribly concerned yet, but it’d be nice to have that box checked off
- Make save the dates and send them out.
- Call the nearby hotels about reserving blocks
- Contact the baker we want
- Paint some stuff (tiered thing, canvas for our names) because I am desperate to do crafts!
Honestly, we have already done 2 big things: scheduled engagement photos (finally!) and decided on a “thematic element” to carry through everything (chevron! I know, it’s super trendy and getting old, but we both love it, so I am THRILLED to have that decided so I can actually think about designing paper products.) So I’m starting to feel better about everything getting done…
Post # 16
So a little update on my list, we did decorate! FI suggested we break out the stuff last weekebd because he knows I love Christmas and all the decorations. And I guess my list just added ordering a bridal headband from etsy and rehearsal dinner dress! Both just came in the mail today and I LOVE them! I also will be going to get all of the bridal party and parents gifts we bought engraved next weekend plus getting my ring sized. And the photobooth is still a big ? Anyone else going to have one? I am so undecided….