Define Bridesmaid in 2013

posted 3 years ago in Bridesmaids
Post # 3
2111 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

@proverbs131:  While most will say, all they have to do is show up in a bride approved outfit, I don’t feel that way about mine. I don’t need them at my beck and call, but I’d like their help by bouncing ideas off them, asking for their opinions. I’m one of those people who need a sounding board. As my life-long friends, I feel listening and giving me their thoughts isn’t a huge burden. I’d do it for them in a heartbeat. I probably wouldn’t ask them to help me DIY, but I’m very particular about my crafts. I would like for them to plan at least a bachelorette party, though. I’m not very high maintenance, I’m not talking about traveling across the country for a weeklong party. I’d be happy with just going to a karaoke bar or having a game night.

Basically, I want them to do more than just show up, but I don’t intend to make them pay thousands of dollars or be on call for the length of my engagement. I want them to be the friends they always have been. 

Post # 4
1102 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

@proverbs131:  i make a list of things i want to someone to do for me and do those kidna things 

when i was moh 

i hosted many of the events

i called and got everyone on the same page so the bride did not have to 

we helped with dyi 

dress fittings and picking

cake tastings 

we went to wedding fairs lol 

I made a kit of things like tide to go hair spray bandaids chap stick lil kit of needles and thread fabric glue incahse someoen hem came undone or something … that was big cuz brides needthe mints the asprin the tampons pands u name it u make a lil goodie bag of that incase someoen else dosnt every brides maid should have one 

ahh i did a mani peddie party 

its good as a group of brides maids to talk out what u need to tell worries to tbe bride so u dont all tell her different times the same thing get her stresses out so doing some brides maid stuff together is great 

Post # 7
3280 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

I haven’t spoken to many of my bridesmaids in weeks/months lol All I expect from them is to order their dresses, and I know they are planning a shower and bachelorette party. I’d rather they not be involved in anything else really! I like doing most of the stuff myself. 

Post # 9
46 posts
Newbee

I’m currently MOH in my friend’s upcoming November wedding. Here’s the things I have done for her wedding:

*be a sounding board for her thoughts, desires, vision of all aspects of the wedding. Be supportive and know when she wants advice or my opintion and know when she just needs someone to talk 

*would have went shopping with her for her dress if I lived in the same city or at least within a day’s driving distance but I’m 6 hours away

*shopped with her for the bridesmaids dresses. Paid for my dress and shoes. 

*planned, hosted and paid for her bridal shower

*planned, hosted her bachelorette weekend

*put together a day of emergency kit for the wedding (I already have one for a job I have, just adding some specific things for her day rather than her buying everything in the kit seems silly to not use what I have if it’s needed)

*showing up 2 days before the wedding to help with some DIY projects and to help with anything she wants me to

*writing the toast for the reception

Mostly I am doing anything I can to help make her dream day come true and making sure she knows I’m there and willing to do anything she asks of me. If she wants my help she asks for it, I do not push ideas on to her, nor am I disappointed if she asks me to send her ideas and she doesn’t use them. her wedding, not mine. 

Post # 10
46 posts
Newbee

@proverbs131:  For costs, talk to your bridesmaids, find out what their budgets will allow for the dress/attire. The Shower and bachelorette are not an obligation for bm’s to host them, but a bonus if they decide to do so. They will figure it out amongst themselves for costs for those events. 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors