Post # 1
I’m in full wedding planning obsessive mode. Everyday on the computer searching and falling in love with details. But I am kind of held up by one big thing. My Fiance and I have basically decided on our venue, but neither of us have ever been there. It seems impossible to actually book this place sight-unseen. Sure there are,pictures on their website, sure they are amazing at emailing me details on the 2000 questions I have asked. But, I don’t think I can do it. So, I am planning a trip up there the end of next month. It’s a 4 hour trip just to look at a place, but I think it’s worth it. Kinda freaked out about not booking it right now (what if I lose my date!?), but I think it’s something I HAVE to do.
Would you wait? What should I do?
Post # 3
If it’s going to drive you crazy not to see it, then you should definitely wait. If you have a good email rapport with the people at the venue, you could explain that you are 99% sure that you want it, but you are having trouble committing signt unseen. Make sure they know you are coming out next month, and they might be willing to let you know if anyone else expresses serious interest in your date before then (so that you can jump on it).
Be sure you are ready to place you deposit when you visit next month. And since you are making the drive up there, I’d have a couple of other venues in mind to look at, as well as some local catererers, bakers, photogs, ect….might as well get a lot of bang for your buck.
Good luck. Planning from afar can be really challenging…
Post # 4
Yeah, I feel the same way as you. We are actually taking a trip to cancun this summer so we can go check out some venues because i want it to be perfect lol.
Post # 5
Since its the end of next week, I say wait. Even if you needed to change your date, you would be better off knowing you love it.