(Closed) Destination with just the 2 of us,can we still have a shower & reception?

posted 9 years ago in Destination Weddings
Post # 3
778 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2009

Why not have a small ceremony and reception, and then renew your vows at your destination during the honeymoon!  It will create beautiful memories. 

Post # 5
778 posts
Busy bee

I would get married at your destination of choice.  When you get back send out an announcement card.  People that want to gift you will do so when they receive the announcment, but asking people to throw you a shower may be too much.  However if you throw a party at a later date to celebrate your marriage, many people will also gift you at that time.

Post # 7
778 posts
Busy bee

It’s a celebration!  I love any excuse to party!  I’m sure your friends will want to too!  Just because they didn’t witness it doesn’t mean that you can’t get eveyone that cares about you to come together to share in your joy.

Post # 8
1048 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2009 - City Hall

Here’s my comment from the d.w. board (this post has a duplicate i guess?)

Sure, you can have a reception. Lots of folks call this a "hometown reception". Mr. MJ and I are having one a few days after our very private wedding.

My friend and her hubby were married in St. Thomas (Virgin Islands) in January with just family, but didn’t have a reception back at home until May. I didn’t think anything of the delay.

As far as a shower? That’s really up to those close to you. Generally friends, bridesmaids or relatives throw one for you.

The topic ‘Destination with just the 2 of us,can we still have a shower & reception?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors