(Closed) DHA & CoQ10???

posted 7 years ago in Babies
Post # 3
50 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

Hm, I haven’t heard of prenatal vitamins needing CoQ10. If that’s true I need to find a new vitamin myself! I’m taking the one a days but they can be really hard on your tummy sometimes. 

Post # 5
940 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2010

I’ve been taking CoQ10 for years now, but when I got pregnant, my OB suggested not taking it along with prenatal vitamins, just because CoQ10 is so new and they’re not really sure how or whether it impacts pregnancy.

Post # 6
5892 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2010

From “Making Babies: Proven 3-Month Program for Maximum Fertility”

This antioxidant is in every cell in the human body. It promotes good blood circulation, so much of the research on CoQ10 looks at heart disease. But good blood flow is important to fertility as well. The body also uses CoQ10 as it produces energy at the cellular level. CoQ10 is difficult to get in significant amounts from food, so we recommend a supplement if you want to boost your levels of this nutrient.

Women: CoQ10 improved pelvic blood flow, especially to the uterus, so it is particularly helpful in phase 1 of a woman’s cycle. Studies have shown that woman taking CoQ10 had higher fertilization rated in IVF with ICSI then women who weren’t taking the supplement. Research links CoQ10 deficiency with miscarriage.

The book also recommends taking multivitamin that you take several times a day instead of the 1 per day. It can be difficult for your body to absorb all the vitamins at once and will just flush it out. So you won’t be getting everything you need.

Post # 7
750 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I would talk to your doctor. You can find supporting evidence for every idea under the sun online. Your doctor will be able to advise you on what you should be taking and what you may not need to take. Good luck!

The topic ‘DHA & CoQ10???’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors