Post # 1
Is it acceptable to arrange your own Hen party?
Basically one of my bridesmaids told my MOH what she wants to plan for my Hen party. She knows what type of person i am ( i dont drink, shy with anxiety issues, and would have just had a baby)
She wants strippers, lots of alcohol (she said she would spike my drink even though i will be breastfeeding) and had even started inviting all of her own friends who i do not know.
I just wanted a chance to relax mainly with a bit of fun in the evening. After all being pregnant and arranging a wedding has been very stressful.
I have done some research and have come up with an itinery
- Saturday 11:00 AM- Drive to Southampton
- 12:30 PM Arrive at my mums house
- 14:00 PM Meet everyone else a my parents house
- 15:30 PM Mini Bus to Hotel
- 16:00 PM Check into Hotel and relax in Rooms
- 17:00 PM Drinks in the bar area
- 18:00 PM 3 Course Dinner at Hotel included in Package)
- 20:00 PM Taxi to Mo’Roller Roller disco Club
- 00:00 PM Walk to Oceana Night Club or back to Hotel
- Sunday 08:00 AM Meet for Breakfast (Included in Hotel Package)
- 10:00 AM Check out of Hotel Leave Bags in Locker
- 11:00 AM Meet at the Hotel Spa for complimentary treatment and use of Pool, Sauna, Steam Room etc.
- 14:00 Lunch in the Hotel
- 15:00 Mini Bus back to my mums
Should i email this to my MOH who totally gets me and what i want to do and get her to arrange everything before my bridesmaid had a chance to effectively based on the dates arrange her own birthday party or will it seem rude to plan everything myself!!
Post # 4
I think going to that extreme of planning the exact timing is a bit much tell your MoH that you’d like to do a hotel hang out with the disco club and spa in the monring and let her know the package deal you thought would be fun.
Then you can have it more what you want, but still let your MoH arrange it and you wont take it all over 🙂
— On a side note it may or may not turn out that way but if things get to a degree you don’t want, you always have the option of leaving. I gave my MoH (sister) my idea of a casual dinner and hotel slumber party idea, and she said she has her own ideas but I’ve warned her no strippers and I do not do clubs and if those happen, I will leave.
Post # 5
@ChocolateLime: I think this detail may be a bit much but just make sure she knows what you want & to take control before the other girl does.
Post # 6
I wouldn’t go as far as making a timeline but I’d give my MOH suggestions and let her know what was off limits.
Post # 7
Oh sorry the timelime isnt going to be sent, that was for my reference to see what we can actually fit in to the day!!! should have made that clear. But you generally think its ok to dictate what i wasnt to do?
Post # 8
I wouldn’t ‘dictate’ anything. Have a conversation that you want to go to dinner & out dancing & maybe some spa stuff the next day. Then let it go.
Post # 9
Definitely communicated what you want for your party. I made what I wanted clear (dinner, drinks, hotel) without giving too many specifics. This way whoever is planning can just what within the parameters you specify for them.