- 7 years ago
- Wedding: September 2011
I need help. Are any of you Bee’s lawyers?!?
Storytime: I have been engaged for a long time. I welcomed in 2010 with my fiancé, and again 2011. With all this time, Roadrunner and I have had tons of time to pick and choose our vendors. One of the first investments I choose was the Photographer. So many photographers were raising their prices- I freaked! I ended up booking the first photographer I met with. She had good referrals, was reasonably priced, took great pics, etc. I paid her the non-refundable deposit (over $500), and sat back to wait another year and half to get married.
Fast-forward to sometime this summer, when I was checking out her website and blog, and realized that on her calendar, she had yet to add my big day to her scheduled events. I sent her a nervous e-mail, and she replied she just hadn’t gotten around to it. Ok, phew, moving on.
I was recently on her blog and read that she was having a special for brides during the months of ___, ___, and ____. I quickly was taken back when she had the date that I HAD BOOKED HER FOR listed on her dates of special rates. Better yet, there was another bride that was inquiring about MY DATE! After talking it over with Roadrunner, and wondering what the heck this woman was doing, I decided to e-mail her.
In the e-mail, I expressed my disappointment and concern about why she was advertising a special on a day that she was not even available. I mentioned that Roadrunner and I were concerned that she would show up on our wedding day, and that we really didn’t know what to do, if we should start looking elsewhere, etc. A quick reply offered sincere apologies, and the words of ‘helping us select another photographer if need be’. I wrote back and asked if we would be receiving our initial deposit back due the fact that she practically double booked, and she told me, ‘due to the fact that it was a simple typo, if Roadrunner and I decide to look elsewhere, it would not be refunded’. What. the. heck.
So, now I’m at a crossroads. Do I keep this woman and allow her to potentially take crappy pictures and/or not give it her all? I have serious doubts that this was a typo- it was posted on her FB, her blog, and nothing was recorded her in her calendar. I honestly think she forgot and/or was trying to double book?!
Do I allow her to keep the deposit money and look elsewhere for a more reliable photographer? Swallow over $500 for absolutely nothing (except piece of mind)
Do I go defame her and her reputation in every way imaginable?
Am I making a big deal out of nothing? HELP!