Post # 1
We put an offer on a house and we have been hoping and planning (although trying not to all weekend) but the sellers won’t negotiate at all. It is so sad and I just feel heartbroken about the whole thing.Why put your house up for sale if you aren’t motivated to sell it?
I have no questions just needed to vent.
Post # 3
aw that really sucks!!! That would be heart breaking. You can only hope that you’ll find something even better soon!
Post # 4
I’m sorry. Its so hard not to get a house that you love. I am sure you will find something that you like even more!
Post # 5
Thats too bad… I hope you can find another one that you love =)
Post # 6
oh! im so sorry.. we put in an offer last night and i jump every time the phone rings! It is impossible not to get your hopes up.. we keep telling ourselves that if this falls through, it is just the beginning and something even better will come along!!
Post # 7
@BeachFanatic: GOODLUCK! I know exactly what you mean I was disappointed for days when the phone would ring and it wasn’t our realtor. I hope you get your house!
Thanks all for your kind words. I hope we find an even better house, but I am bitter at the stubborn sellers too.
Post # 8
We lost the first house we put an offer on but in the end it was for the better because we found a house in the same neighborhood that works even better for us and was MUCH cheaper.
Post # 9
That sucks. but another WILL come along.
If they aren’t willing to bend, they are going to have a tough time in this economy, for sure! They will probably be sorry they didn’t work with you.
Post # 10
I’m sorry it didn’t work out. We found a house that we loved (4 bed, 2 bath, over 2k sq ft), but it had some issues with the foundation. The sellers wouldn’t negotiate at all despite the basement issues. So we moved on. We found the house we ultimately bought, which while smaller and not updated, is much more solidy built, is in a much better location, is not across the street from a run down trailer, and the land is more usable. Two weeks after we put our offer in on our house, we got a call that the sellers of the first house would accept our last offer (we made 1, then raised it to see if they’d negotiate). I was a little bummed that they came around when it was too late, but we are thanking our lucky stars now that we are in our current house.
It will work out and you will find the right home. It takes some patience and time, but it’ll happen.
Post # 11
We found the “perfect” house and I had to have it. We put in a bid and the owners said no. Before we could counter bid, someone else offered a bid for over what the owners wanted and got the house. I was so mad! Mad enough that I really didn’t want to look at any more houses because I didn’t want to be disappointed.
A week later, our realtor called and said that she had the keys to a house that just went on the market and she though we’d like it. I was super, super reluctant but decided to go. Thank goodness because that house was a million times better and so much more “us” than the first house we put an offer on. We put a bid on the house that same day and, later that night, we had our house!
Moral of the story … there is a better house for you out there. You just have to be patient and let it find you!
Post # 12
@BanditGirl: same type of thing happened to us too.
keep faith, you didnt get this one because one that is better is still out there waiting on you.
Post # 13
It is a really frustrating process. Fiance and I have been looking since last March with no luck. We’ve seen a lot of crummy houses and some good ones but they all have issues. I guess the key is don’t to fall in love with a house.
We almost had a house in November but after the inspection the house had way too many issues that we were not up for handling so we moved on.
I know you are frustrated but when it is meant to be, it will be.
Post # 14
Aww… this happen to me twice with a house that I loved. We saw a house, loved, it, waited a week and then decided to put an offer in. That same morning, they accepted one. A few days later, we saw another house, it was even better than the first – we thought it was PERFECT. The next morning, we went to put an offer in… just to find out, they accepted on the night before!!! Hours after we saw it. I was crushed. Two week later, an even better house, we jumped and got it. You’ll find something better!
Post # 15
That stinks! But I’m sure if it was meant to happen it would have and you’ll find another house you like just as much if not more!!
Post # 16
I’m sorry it didn’t work out. But it’s not worth it to go way over budget just because they aren’t willing to sell their house for the amount that it is actually worth. You will find something that is amazing for you, it just takes a bit of time!