(Closed) Difference in 1.35 carat – 1.52 carat – & 2 carat

posted 5 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
11753 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

@heathuhhhhwebbbb:  The 2 carat seems like an awesome deal! I’d look into it.  I wouldn’t go 1.3 to 1.5 – you’ll see a minor difference maybe on the side by side comparison, but not a huge difference – and if you suffer from shrinkage – the 1.5 will soon shrink!

Post # 4
11397 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

The 2 carat seems ideal! If you want a big stone that is what I would go for. 🙂 (The other stones are not small by any means.) But if you want a bigger one, go BIG if you can!

Post # 6
242 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2008

A 2 carat diamond for $7400?  I’d be very very cautious of that.  Something is wrong with it, no way does a 2 ct. sone go for under 15-20k. Are you color sensitive?  J might show some warmth. What about the cut?  I’d rather have a smaller stone that is ideal cut than a very good/good cut bigger stone!

Post # 8
8426 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2012

@heathuhhhhwebbbb:  I’d be cautious of that price only b/c I have a 2.04 carat and I know what it cost but mine is G color…..I’d be a little worried about the color as well. If you are ok with it possibly looking a little yellow and showing warmth as PP mentioned.

The stone you have now is gorgeous and it’s G color…..I know I personally wouldn’t be happy with that drastic of a change in color.

Post # 9
14316 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

Didn’t you just upgrade your current stone for color also?  I saw a 2ct J, and maybe not all J’s are created equal, but that J looks very yellow to me.  If you’re color sensitive at all and want a colorless stone, I wouldnt get a J, especially at that size.  Save up a few k more for a 2ct with better color.

Post # 12
242 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2008

@heathuhhhhwebbbb:  Can you get the GIA report so we can take a look at the measurements?  The numbers will tell you a lot about how it performs.  

ETA:  just saw it wasn’t certified.  Good move on passing!!!

Post # 14
336 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

i think a J is going to look very yellow compared to your 1.3 ct G stone… And it’s going to be more noticable because a 2 ct is relatively big… But if the size matters more to you than the color, than I say go for it!
I have a 1.5ct H stone, and it looks nearly colorless, but on certain days, I see a faint tint of yellow… I could imagine its much more obvious with a J colored stone

Post # 15
8473 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2012

That seems too good to be true for a 2ct stone. 

BTW I have a J center stone and I don’t see one trace of yellow.

Post # 16
5405 posts
Bee Keeper

Good call on passing but not necessarily because of the color, but the cut has to be fair for that price. 

The topic ‘Difference in 1.35 carat – 1.52 carat – & 2 carat’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors