(Closed) Discouraged & Heartbroken…(LONG)

posted 6 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
214 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

don’t lose hope, you will find your dress, go and try on the dresses with an open mind. Hope you find ‘her’ soon.

Post # 4
1093 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I went through the same thing with a Vera Wang White… Like, exactly, precisely, 110% the same exact experience, except for the color issue.

Just keep looking.  You’ve still got a little time, you’re not under the gun to order, so wait til the new batches of dresses come out. And wait a few weeks, either way (maybe get the store credit on a gift card or something to use later).  Don’t drive yourself crazy doing it all at once.

Alternatively, could you take a store credit to use for maybe the bridesmaids’ dresses and you go find your dress elsewhere?

Ugh, I just wanna reach through the computer and hug you, because I know exactly how you feel…  If it’s any consolation, I did eventually end up with a dress I really love, it will work out for you too.

Post # 5
868 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

I think you really should just take a break from all the dress stuff.  If you’re really getting this angry/hurt/upset about a wedding dress, then it sounds like it is time for you to de-stress and center yourself.  Good luck!

Post # 6
94 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I agree with @ViaMinorViator-

Take a break from the dress stuff. If the store is in the wrong, do hold it accountable. Remember, it’s just a dress, and you’ll look beautiful in it on your wedding day. I blocked the word “perfect” from my vocabulary years ago. My dress isn’t perfect, my wedding day will likely not be perfect, and my life is far from perfect.

Post # 8
1093 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

@PoeticDoveInLA:  The guys don’t get it.  They just don’t.  I’m glad my Fiance was out of town the week I had all my drama, or we probably would’ve ended up arguing about how I was being completely ridiculous, it’s just a dress, etc.

The store is not going to give you many options (if I’m right about the store you’re working with).  I went to corporate and up the  chain and back when I had issues, and all I basically got was “well we’re sorry your situation sucks but there’s nothing we can do.”  I got the same story when I tried to get a couple scraps of the lace from my ultimate dress for cap sleeves- basically a “we don’t care to help you so please go away now that we have your money” response.  It’s really disappointing overall, because even though their dresses are absolutely on the inexpensive side, it’s still a lot of money to some people for really sub-par commitment to happy customers.  I saw better customer service when I worked at Hot Topic.

When you go back, try on *everything*.  That’s what I did. I wanted lace, so I literally tried on every single solitary (non-clearance) dress in the store with lace in it on it or near it, haha. And if I saw one I particularly liked on the hanger, I refused to even put it on until they checked if it could be ordered in the size and color I wanted.  I was a huge PITA and dragged two people all over the store, but I didn’t care at that point, I just wanted to find a dress that made me happy.

Good luck and keep us posted!!

The topic ‘Discouraged & Heartbroken…(LONG)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors