Divorce….Legal help?

posted 3 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
4540 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2014 - Royalton White Sands

Why won’t you serve him the divorce papers?

Post # 6
5287 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: April 2013

I’m very sorry this has happened to you.

You asked what you can do – you can file for divorce.  What’s stopping you?

Post # 7
2188 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

I think you should serve him papers before you sue, otherwise, the suit would look ridiculous.

Post # 8
1416 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

You can file for divorce. He doesnt have to serve you anything. You serve him and move on with your life. It’s clear he doesnt want to be with you or he would not have a girlfriend of 3 months. I could guarantee that he has probably been seeing her for a lot longer than that and only married you to get the extra military pay. 

What a scum bag. 

Post # 9
1175 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

@navywifenmoore:  Serve him divorce papers.  I am sorry that he has done this too you.  But it sounds like he is done.  You cannot make him want to be back with you.  And since he won’t serve you, you have no choice but to serve him.  

Post # 10
4043 posts
Honey bee

Serve him first. It is unfortunate, but clearly the relationship is over. It is best to move on and start fresh. Now you can find someone who loves you and treats you how you deserve to be treated.

Post # 11
893 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

@navywifenmoore:  you can actually get an anulment what state are you in?

I would claim fraud. What state are you from? Where did you get Married?

Post # 12
767 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

First off, I am so sorry *hugs*.

I know hat your saying HE wants this he should be the one dealing with all of this. BUT let’s be hoenst that’s not going to happen so serve him the papers so you can move on.

Is it too late for annulment?

Post # 14
8711 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2012

If you got married in Maryland, I don’t think you’re eligable for an annulment if these rules are up to date and truthful.


I would serve him with papers and be done with it. You absolutely can serve him — it does not need to be him.

Post # 15
11379 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2012

@navywifenmoore:  you should just file for divorce and serve him with the papers.  he obviously has moved on, so should you.

Post # 16
893 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

@Hyperventilate:  I think it applies as fraud. He married her under false pretenses. They dont livr together anymore.

 @navywifenmoore:  can you PM with a little more information? I can help you a bit. I am pretty sure I can help you  get an annulment or divorce. but I need more information.


Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors