- 5 years ago
- Wedding: November 1999
I have decided to hand paint some champagne flutes for my girls and I for the day of to sip on some mimosas. I’ve seen other brides do it and I thought that looks easy enough for me to try it.
So I did, I went to the dollar store and bought 4 glasses. I then went to Michaels with my trusty 50% coupons and bought the paint, I already had the brushes at home. Off I went to work.
I first went online and googled black dress outline, I came up with this cute little black dress and I saved the picture. I then opened Word and I inserted the picture of the dress. I played around with it to the size I wanted. I printed it, then cut it, I did two slits on the bottom of the dress so it can take the shape of the glass. I attached a little piece of tape and attached the picture on the inside of the glass.
I used the same dress for all the glasses. I started off with mine. I did the outline first in white, then painted the inside. I did one coat. I then moved on to the next glass, one of the girls. Again I did the outline first then painted the inside, 1 coat. Once all the glasses had their first coat on, I moved on to the initials for my girls and the date for the bottom of the glass.
Again using Word, I typed their initial and looked around for a font that I liked, made it big enough and printed them. I did the same thing for the date. I cut it down to a little square and did the same thing as the dress, I placed a little piece of tape, on the inside of the glass and traced with my thin brush.
This is the results after 1 coat of paint:
I let it dry overnight. I then came back and applied a second coat of paint and added the word Bride on my glass.
I did do a third coat on the red dresses and it looks perfect now. I found though that it was missing something. I went to Michaels to see if I got inspired and well as usual I did.
I bought silver paint and some pearls and rhinestones.
I did the outlined in grey and some swags on the girls glasses, on mine I did the outline and added some lines in the dress.
I used E6000 glue, a toothpick and glued the pearls to make my pearl necklace and I glued the rhinestones on my dress, as my dress as bling 😀 and Tada!!! All done!