- 4 years ago
- Wedding: August 2013
I am making my own favors for guests – handmade wire picture frames.
Since they have been consuming my life for awhile….I decided to share the process! (In case there are any other bees out there that are crazy enough to want to make 100 of these like me…!)
2) Slowly bend wire in a circle. It takes some practice to get the feel of bending the wire in a relatively uniform circular motion. 😛
3) It is really important to work with a picture in the size you would like for the frame. After every new loop or section of the frame, place the picture in it to make sure it is holding correctly to find where you want to make your next move.
4) Use a circular object, like a marker, to make any loops that you want in the wire.
5) Then you can also use your thumb to bend the wire, as i did here to form the crease on the left side.
6) I used the marker again and then my thumb
7) Make sure your picture is secure in the wire with each step. 🙂
You can make any design you want – here are a few of my other ones. (With faces blocked out of course)
9) Display your frame! I made little stands out of the wire as well.
Alright…this was my procrastination break. Only ten more frames to make and too many stands to count. 1, 2, 3, Go! Haha