- panda in England
- 8 years ago
- Wedding: April 2011
Hi Hive, I’ve been thinking about the ridiculously huge and probably over ambitious list of DIY projects I’ve come up with for our wedding. Unfortunately this has brought home the reality that perhaps I am suffering from DIY Overdose… by which I mean I am starting to think that if I carry on with ALL the projects I’m thinking of, the day may run the risk of looking more like a craft fayre and less like a wedding! I fear the DIY-to-do list may suffer a radical pruning soon, but I’m loathe to let anything on the list go in case I regret it later.
Currently, the list of started projects is:
- Cake Topper
- Tissue paper flower centrepieces
- STDs, Invites, Ceremony Programs
- Vellum LED candle-wraps
And the list of PROPOSED but not started projects includes:
- door wreaths
- tissue poms/paper lanterns for ceiling
- possibly parts of the boutinnaires
- possibly my veil (or at least customization if the budget won’t allow for the one I want)
- tableplan/escort cards (not sure which yet)
- menu (just one, for our buffet which will be displayed on an easel)
There are probably a few other things too but off the top of my head I don’t remember!
What would you do ladies? Is it better to end up with more completed projects and USE less of them, or just complete less in the first place and make do without if I change my mind?
At the moment all I can think is thank goodness we still have 9 months to go!!