Post # 1
Okay, so in all honesty I hated my first attempt at my diy ring pillow. I rushed through it just to get another project completed…I was going to settle with the tacky creation. But I posted it and thanks to some advice I decided to try again. Our office was closed on friday due to the weather (I can’t wait till all this snow is over!!!) so I took the opportunity to redo my seashell ring “pillow”, well no pillow this time. I’m so glad I did. I really love it! Decoupage! A little acrylic paint, varnish, patience, and inspiration form the other “bees” and now I’m proud that this little masterpiece will hold our rings! Yay!!!
[attachment=752262,96744] [attachment=752262,96745] [attachment=752262,96746] [attachment=752262,96747]
Post # 3
thats super pretty. I love the colors.
Post # 4
Aww. I like it with the pillow but that really doesn’t matter. It only matters that you’re happy with it and you are so I’m happy for you. 😉
Post # 5
That’s so gorgeous! I missed your previous thread, but this I love.
Post # 6
I love it! I like it without a pillow. I’m doing a seashell pillow and adding in a few beads too. It’s an abalone shell so there’s no need to do that terribly much to it!
Post # 7
Love love love! I really like what you did with this. It looks very nice! 🙂
Post # 8
- Wedding: June 2009 - Red Fish Grill
I’m amazed by all of your DIY’s… very creative! Did you print the design and wording and then decoupage it on the shell? It looks so delicate, almost like tissue paper. Great job! :o)
Post # 9
I love it!!! How did you add the words on it?! I really like that idea!!
Post # 10
Thanks everyone! And thanks for appreciating my first attempt, but I wasn’t thrilled. Now I’m a Happy Bride, lol :). Yes, I measured the approximate dimensions of the shell (with about an 1/8 of in all around to allow for the paper to mold to the grooves of the natural shell) I printed the design on standard 20lb. computer paper. I decoupaged it to the shell. I added different layers of paint to give it an old world feel. Burnt sienna, raw umber, raw sienna, some platinum paint (for the pearlescent sheen, which doesn’t show too well in the photos), all the paint was applied in very light coats, mixed with water for a more translucent look. I varnished it when I was happy with the finished product.
Post # 11
Wow! What a difference from the first one (which was still nice, but I like this one way better) … I love it! 🙂