DIY wedding photobooth (Summer 2013) *** (materials included)

posted 3 years ago in DIY
Post # 3
1248 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

Thank you for sharing.  I’m definitely DIYing our photobooth.  I am forgoing the printing on site however.  I just don’t want to mess with it.  Instead, we’ll have two monitors.  The second monitor will be an updated slide show of all the photos guests are taking (publicly viewable) so hopefully no hairy balls pics 🙂

We have a few old laptops and pc I was planning to use.  I really appreciate your review of the software & detail set up!

Post # 4
46 posts
  • Wedding: September 2013

What a great and detailed review! Thanks! I had previously thought DIY’ing a photo booth would be too painful but I might reconsider after reading this post.

Post # 5
608 posts
Busy bee

I am doing this type of thing also….I went to an art store and asked to buy ay old or broken picture frame….a large one…they gave one to me for free:) I am using a room divider as the back drop…I bought the same printer as you did and it is great! I have a mirror so people can see themselves dressed up…I am NOT printing on site as it is too much of a pain for me and also we want to use the pictures as thank you cards after the wedding:) All my props I got from the dollar store.

Post # 6
181 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

@bearknee:  this is exactly what I’ve been thinkin including the printer model except that im thinking about my old mbp and photobooth program! I really wanted a real review for that printer!!! Thanks a lot for sharing!!! Did the printer work just well enough? I got opinions from people that a printer will eventually give me lots of problems and I don’t see why. I’m so glad that it worked well for you and I’m encouraged again!

Post # 7
345 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

Thanks for the great tutorial/review! We are looking for a photobooth on groupon for around $375 but this is a great option if we can’t find one!

Post # 8
1771 posts
Buzzing bee

Thanks for sharing! I just downloaded Sparkbooth and your ideas sound great!

Post # 9
4041 posts
Honey bee

@bearknee:  Thank you so much for sharing! We are doing our own DIY photobooth and this is incredibly helpful information!

Post # 10
929 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I am doing a DIY photobooth as well, luckily for me I had all of the hardware at home because I do photography on the side…and have since done the photobooth at a baby shower, and a commencement ceremony, and a prom and it was a big hit, so I know it will be great at my wedding.  I went with Breeze PSRRemote, which I love, the software was $95, but it is fully customizable although there is a learning curve. 

I trialed Sparkbooth as well, and I love the functionality, just didnt care as much for the web cam pictures… Glad it all worked out…  and now you can have a photobooth anytime you get ready and it won’t cost you $1,000.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors