- 3 years ago
- Wedding: April 2015
From customized save the date cards and invitations to centerpieces, programs and menus, the hot trend for today’s brides and grooms is a movement towards the do-it-yourself (DIY) wedding.
Shelli Gardner, CEO and Cofounder of Stampin’ Up!, a scrapbooking and crafting company, says that “couples are looking to create a personal touch for their wedding celebrations to make them even more meaningful and memorable.”
The days where a bride and groom would head out to their local stationery shop and select a design from the big book of invitations, menus, programs and thank you cards are long gone according to Gardner. Thanks to the large number of internet resources and crafting companies such as Stampin Up!, couples now have infinite possibilities for designing and creating all of the key elements of their wedding celebration while also trimming money from their wedding budget.
“With just a little creativity, you can customize every stage of the event, from invitations and décor to favors and thank-you cards to match the couple’s taste and unique style,” Gardner added.
One of the most cherished DIY wedding items is definitely personalized invitation cards. Handmade invitation cards are the first notification to guests of how much their presence is appreciated with a display of thoughtfulness and creativity that can only come with one of a kind custom made invitation cards.
Here are some other creative DIY wedding items which are trending this season with brides across the country:
– Hand made dress silhouette thank you cards for the wedding party – perfect for mom and your bridesmaids.
– Gold Sequin Medallion guest cards using gold sequin trim and fancy foil designer vellum.
– A one of a kind guestbook featuring engagement photos that you can create using Stampin’ Up!’s My Digital Studio! software. “It’s an intuitive design program featuring an array of colourful visuals that will help make your guestbook a treasured keepsake,” Gardner explained.
– Glitter-edged custom dinner menus which bring “bling” to your table tops.
– Mr. and Mrs. Chair Banners and table numbers.
– Custom printable ribbon belt or napkin ring place cards.
– Personalized party favors: Delicious packaged coloured treats in a miniature paper box decorated with wedding themed stamps as cut-out shapes printed on paper with delicate patterns. For do-it-yourself brides looking for new techniques and inspiration for their custom wedding designs, Gardner suggests booking an appointment with a local demonstrator by visiting stampinup.ca.