Do all May 2016 brides already have their dresses?

posted 2 years ago in May 2016
Post # 2
849 posts
Busy bee

thebusybee:  Me! I feel like as long as you get it done in the next month or so, you’re still in good shape.

Post # 3
5448 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2016

Obviously I’m not who you’re looking for…but I got my dress back in January and it still hasn’t come in so I’m glad I got mine way early!

Post # 4
639 posts
Busy bee

you aren’t behind, but dresses can take up to 7 months to come in. just bought mine last weekend and the shop won’t get it in until december. some places it’s quicker, and if you’re getting one that is a sample or in stock, you won’t run into that issue. shopping is fun! good luck.

Post # 5
10 posts
Newbee

Yes fell in love with one and bought it about a year ago 🙂

Next on my list is making some benches from scrap wood, for the ceremony in our meadow. Then the favors, which are square wooden chargers under plates with a custom design on them.

Post # 6
704 posts
Busy bee

I have my dress. I bought it preowned online in March and I just started my alterations yesterday. The only other things I have booked are my venue, photographer, and wedding planner and I have my hotel blocks done. And right now I’m in the process of setting up a meeting with an Officiant. It’s been hard for me to get anything done because my mom has been working so much, but yet she hasn’t wanted me to book anything without her being there first. So I was getting super frustrated. But now that I have a wedding planner things will be starting to come together much faster now, thank god! I was seriously starting to get worried. We’re only 9 and a half months away from our wedding date and I need to get a move on!!!! lol

Post # 7
40 posts
Newbee

Ah!  I just got engaged Sunday and we are doing May 29th! I thought I had plenty of time to find one still but now I’m worried after seeing this! (but I am getting preowned or online dress if that makes a difference) We have our date,  bridal party, doing a home wedding so we have tons of those details worked out.   I think you are doing fine as long as you make that your next mission 🙂  I might have to start looking for one sooner than I thought. I still want the whole dress trying on experience,  so I feel like that has to come first. 

Post # 8
500 posts
Busy bee

thebusybee:  No dress yet. I have one I tried on that  I loved but it was the first place I looked so we are going to check out some more first before I make a decision (since this dress is higher on the price range). I have an appointment this weekend with Brides by Demetrios this weekend and another appointment for David’s Bridal (Im not a huge fan of them but I was convinced to go there for an appointment. I have my venue, photographer, and videographer and that is it so far. But I feel so behind.

Post # 9
30 posts
Newbee

I have my dress already bought it in December

Post # 10
12 posts
Newbee

I haven’t bought mine yet either, but have started looking & hopefully going again this week. I did book venue(which in cluded caterer and cake), photographer and have started centerpieces. I also feel sooooo behind!!!

Post # 11
687 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2016

I bought mine months ago lol, it was probably the first thing i ticked off my list, but i’ve lost the will to plan now haha! This month I will be booking the venue, dj, videographer hopefully.

Post # 12
76 posts
Worker bee

I just got engaged a month ago and just looked at dresses a week ago. I hope to have that secured by the end of September. We’re getting married on May 28.

I don’t really feel any pressure though, even though it’s 9 months away.

Post # 13
19 posts
Newbee

thebusybee: I also felt I was a bit behind and I’ve only started dress shopping last week. But after visited a couple bridal stores the consultants advised me that dresses take about 6 months to arrive after being ordered and then a few weeks for alterations. So my deadline to find my dress is late Oct/mid Nov at the latest.

Post # 14
1718 posts
Bumble bee

I went shopping the last weekend in August, thinking it’d take a while to find soemthing and then get it ordered, in, and altered.  I was happiliy suprised both by finind my dress the first and only day I went shopping, and then, though they told me to expect it by december, it’s in my closet now.  🙂  I was told to call for an alterations appointment in March.

Post # 15
6 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: Historic estate overlooking the river

sandfog1215:  Wow- that sounds like a ton of work but really pretty!

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors