Do all May 2016 brides already have their dresses?

posted 2 years ago in May 2016
Post # 16
1687 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2016

I had no idea I was this far behind! I haven’t even started looking yet. 

Post # 17
85 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2016 - Bernardus Lodge and Spa, Carmel Valley, CA

Yes.  I bought mine for $200 at a sample sale in August and I am now having major second thoughts.  They say 6-8 months for a custom order.  If you aren’t planning to do that then take your time and try on lots of options instead of buying the first thing that looks good.  You really only need 2 months tops for alterations.  Good luck!

Post # 18
1860 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

Everyone in this thread who does not have a dress for their May wedding needs to start looking this week! It took my dress almost 7 months to come in, and alterations took about another month. Make appointments and go this week/next weekend!! There’s really no sense waiting. You’ll just give yourself anxiety!!

Post # 19
717 posts
Busy bee

I had dress regret and totally tried on another one last weekend when I shouldn’t have…. and of course I really really liked it almost cried (I wasn’t ever really emotional when I went looking). All I could think was damnit WHY. There’s like no time left and I have this other dress and sash I’d have to sell. I keep telling myself to forget it.

Post # 20
847 posts
Busy bee

Got mine a couple weeks ago. Even then the consultant was worried that I wouldn’t be able to get it in on time but luckily I fell in love with a dress that would be in the first week in March which still leaves almost two months for alterations.

Post # 21
1059 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2016

Still don’t have mine. I know what I want though, and it’s a bridemaids dress in Ivory so it doesn’t take long to come in. I also fit the size perfectly so I do not need alterations. I will order in the New Year! Get all the Christmas expenses out of the way first lol

Post # 22
271 posts
Helper bee

My original dress came in.  Left it and my deposit at the store. Just ordered a new dress two weeks ago. I’m praying it will be here by April.  The store told me not to stress and they guarantee my alterations will get done in time.

Post # 23
51 posts
Worker bee

I got mine last Oct. 

Post # 24
43 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2016 - Los Angeles

I ordered my dress ends of oct 2015 I haven’t received it yet. I am so stressed out. The wedding is on may 28 2016. Its may 7 16.

Mori lee dress 

Post # 25
882 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2016 - Cherry Orchard

jennybearcutie:  Have you called the salon? I don’t get my dress back from alterations until next weekend and THAT is stressing me out for my 5.28.2016 wedding. Best of luck!

Post # 26
276 posts
Helper bee

jennybearcutie:  wow why is it taking so long? I ordered mine around the same time and mine came in at the end of November or early December can’t remember. 

Post # 27
14 posts
Newbee

jennybearcutie:  I would call on it! I ordered mine Feb 11th 2016 and had it rushed ordered just came in two weeks ago, had my fitting last week and will be picking it up the Monday before the 28th:)  I would definitely call so they have time to alter it. Only three weeks to go!!

Post # 28
43 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2016 - Los Angeles

My dress came like 5 days before the wedding and all the alterations were done in time. IDK why it came so late. 

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors