(Closed) do BM & GM colors have to match?

posted 7 years ago in Weddingbee
Post # 3
654 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I’m having my girls wear dark purple with the guys wearing black suits and some sort of green tie.  My colors are purple and green so no, I don’t understand how that would be tacky.

Post # 4
858 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I think they should “match” as in complement each other, but they certainly don’t have to be the same color. And even then, my opinion is only that: my opinion. 🙂 Your colors sounds lovely!

Post # 5
269 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

I don’t think they have to match, but sometimes I think I may have done my matching a little weird.  BMs wore purple and had their nails red, GMs had red ties, pocket squares and socks, I had a purple flower in my hair and purple shoes, groom had purple tie, pocket square and socks…  so it seems that my groom matched my BMs more than my few purple accents.  I don’t care, I think everyone looked great.

[attachment=1591146,198651]

Post # 6
13101 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2010

I think they should complement one another but don’t necessarily need to be the same color.

Post # 7
46153 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

It makes a more cohesive look if there is a color that ties the whole wedding party together.

In your case however, the maids will probably have some green in their bouquets, so that could be the link.

You could also have the GM’s boutonniere’s include some purple and green.

The topic ‘do BM & GM colors have to match?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors