- 7 years ago
- Wedding: June 2012
Because of my job (I travel a lot, then am basically sequestered for about five months each year), I want a wedding planner to help prepare for our June 2012 wedding. I narrowed the options down to three planners:
1. Experienced planner – she was nice to meet and even cut $700 off her fee. She’s worked in some major cities and has a few celebrity weddings behind her.
2. New planner – loved her. Our personalities totally clicked. We have similar tastes. Planning would be fun with her. Her rate was $200 less than the normal rate of Planner 1, but because Planner 1 cut her rate for me, Planner 2 is now $500 more than Planner 1.
3. Big name planner from another city – will charge the same as Planner 1’s discounted rate for “month of” planning.
I think I’m deciding between Planner 1 and Planner 2. Is it appropriate to “bargain” with Planner 2 to get her rate down? If so, do I come right out and tell her that Planner 1 cut her rate? Do I name Planner 1 to Planner 2?
I’m a little nervous about this. I am not one to haggle, but I’d love to work with Planner 2. However, I can’t justify the $700 difference. Both will do a great job.