(Closed) Do invitations have to match 100%?

posted 5 years ago in Paper
  • poll: Will these invitations be okay?
    Yes : (39 votes)
    75 %
    No : (13 votes)
    25 %
  • Post # 3
    1925 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

Honestly, I don’t think anyone will notice!  As long as you love the invites and it at least reflects the atmosphere you want at your wedding, it’s fine!

Post # 5
    524 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: March 2013 - Callanwolde Fine Arts Center

To be completely honest, no one will remeber what the invitation looked like by the time they get to the wedding. Maybe they’ll remember what colors they were, but that’s about it.

If you love the invitations, use them!

Post # 6
    1925 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

@random7890:  I think your invites reflect your wedding!  Your mom sounds a lot like my mom.  My mom wants everything to match perfectly… I’m more of a “if it just goes together nicely, that’s fine!” sort of person.  

Post # 7
    19 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: August 2013

I agree wih everyone. I didnt notice they were nor daisies..and if so Oh well. If you love it then thats all that  matters. Good luck and they look great btw. 

Post # 8
    1021 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

I’m sure any etiquette book would say otherwise, but I don’t think that invitations have to match the theme of the wedding. No one will notice, and even if they do, so what? 🙂

Post # 9
    11273 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: April 2012

i think these invites are great for a spring/summer wedding.  i love the colours.  i don’t think anyone will notice that the invite didn’t have daisies on it.

Post # 10
    11273 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: April 2012

i actually found these invites a while ago for another bee and just realized how perfect they would be for your wedding.

Post # 12
    386 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: December 1969

They don’t have to match at all. My invites were silver and grey for a fall wedding. We are using fall colours but we didn’t like any invites in those colours lol. No one said anything.

Post # 13
    2622 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: November 1999

I think people generally match them but I can never remember what an invitation looks like by the time i get to a wedding. In fact, rarely can I remember the specific theme or colors of a wedding after a few weeks.

Post # 16
    Hostess
    7561 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: January 2013

They totally don’t have to match! No one will even bring the invitation to the reception to notice, or if they do they’re just looking for directions and will probably leave it in the car. 

The topic ‘Do invitations have to match 100%?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors