(Closed) Do you get “hangry” if you’re hungry & can’t eat right then?

posted 8 years ago in The Lounge
Post # 3
362 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Yes!  I get “hangry” a lot, to the point where Fiance sometimes will say (when I’m upset about something) “do you need to eat?”  lol – I will have to introduce hangry to his vocabulary.

Post # 4
1854 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2009

Yup. I ger very hangry! Fiance always me make pack a snack now, saves us a lot of trouble, lol!

Post # 5
5921 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

Depends.  I hate being hungry and having to wait at a restaurant.  Grrrrr…..

Post # 6
955 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

“Hangry” is going to describe me for the next 4 months while I am dieting to get in wedding shape!!!!!! Ughhh I hate being hungry and not being able to eat what I really want!

Post # 7
1111 posts
Bumble bee

I was initially misreading this as “Hawngray”, meaning super-duper-uber hungry, but then I realized it was hungry+angry.  

I only get hangry when I am hawngray and someone (usually my mom) tries to guilt me away from eating to do something else, so it doesn’t happen all that often.  

Post # 8
1347 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

This just reminds me of that scene in The Incredible Hulk with Edward Norton, when he says, “You wouldn’t like me when I’m hungry,” and the bad guys start laughing at him.

I get whiny, so I guess my answer is yes!

Post # 8
18645 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

I get so hangry!  Also, my body really doesn’t like it if I don’t eat on schedule so I start feeling faint and dizzy which sucks!

Post # 9
166 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

YES! And I ALWAYS forget that it will happen to me, so I pay no attention to scheduling when I’ll have a lunch break or something and then become an fire-breathing monster. When we are together Fiance goes on what he calls “blood sugar watch” in the middle of the day and makes sure I eat so that I don’t morph into a major you-know-what. It’s crazy the effect an empty stomach can have on your mood!

Post # 10
6572 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: February 2010

hunger causes migraines, so of course i get angry if i know i’m going to have pain! i have to eat lots during the day, but at least i have a good excuse!

Post # 11
1207 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2009

I get super “hangry” when I haven’t eaten!  Thank god my hubs understands if it’s been a while since I’ve eaten and I’m acting crabby that’s why!

Post # 12
64 posts
Worker bee

Haha, that term is great!  Yes, I get hangry all the time, it drives Fiance nuts!   I try not to get mad, but I just can’t help it. 

Post # 13
2825 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

I definately get hangry… But mostly if I wait too long after I get hungry to eat, I get a stomach ache, then I’m just miserable.  You definately don’t want to keep me from eating! haha

Post # 15
5263 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2012

Yes, and I must use this word from now on! 

I’m very scheduled most of the time, and I eat smaller meals, so if I skip one for whatever reason I get a bit… irritated. Haha. 

The topic ‘Do you get “hangry” if you’re hungry & can’t eat right then?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors