(Closed) Do you get invited to “in home” sales shows (Stella & Dot/Pampered Chef)

posted 7 years ago in The Lounge
Post # 3
1276 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I have a few times and it drives me nuts, especially when the hostess doesn’t advertise that its a pampered chef party and you are trapped when you get there. I’d love to hang out but I really don’t want to waste my money on these products and theres definitely pressure to buy. 

I usually say that I’d love to visit or get together some other time. 

Post # 4
14498 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

I get invited all the time.  I only go if I like their products and plan on buying something, but if I haven’t seen the line before I would prob go.  I am one of those people that have no issues saying that I don’t see anything that I like at this time, I don’t let myself get pressured into buying things that I don’t like or can’t afford.

I went to a scentsy party a few months ago and I had never heard of it before, I went to the party and was impresses.  It was a bit pricey, but I absolutely love the product.  If I hadn’t gone I would never have known.

Post # 5
1160 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I know someone who sells high-end cosmetics and I have actually hosted a party for her, it was fun but there is a little pressure to buy–as long as you want to buy something its OK, but otherwise don’t feel had about saying no.

Post # 6
163 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I use to sell a brad that was sold by appointment only (not clothing) but i do not think you should make an appointment if you do not intended to buy because there will be pressure to buy and in all reality you are waisting their time, However you may be able to get a hold of a catalog or something if you metion it to the friend 

The topic ‘Do you get invited to “in home” sales shows (Stella & Dot/Pampered Chef)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors