(Closed) Do you give a gift at the wedding if you & your 3 kids are in the wedding?

posted 8 years ago in Gifts and Registries
Post # 3
10218 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 2010

I would say a small gift is fine or a great card.  I tend to always give gifts but M says I’m too nice…

Post # 4
889 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

i mean, i don’t know what kind of relationship you have with your brother, but I can’t imagine not giving my brother a wedding present, even if I had to buy a dress & plane ticket to get there.  He’s hopefully only getting married once, so you should want to celebrate that!  And if you are worried about spending more money, maybe go in with something nice with your sister & her family.  Or don’t get them something on their registry, get them something personalized that will have a greater meaning for welcoming his new bride into your family.

Post # 5
4001 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I’d say a small gift would be nice but probably not necessary.  You’ve paid for your dress?  and your childrens clothes?  If so, you’ve done more than enough, that’s not cheap!

Post # 7
889 posts
Busy bee

if you are trying to not spend a lot of money, there are lots of things that you could do just to give them a little something special.  Do they own their house?  You could buy a little tree that would be very inexpensive at a nursery or tree farm and then they could plant it and watch it grow as their relationship grows.  Just an idea…

Post # 8
3979 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

I’d definitely give a little something… 🙂

Post # 9
2641 posts
Sugar bee

I was in a very similar situation.  So I know how quickly it can add up.  I still gave a gift. I don’t know what your financial situation is, but I think that should dictate how much you spend.  Like some pps have said, it doesn’t have to be expensive.

Post # 10
2767 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

Yes, I definitely would!  The bride and groom are spending a lot of money on your meals.  I always believe that you should give the bride and groom a gift that equals the approximate cost of your meals.  That’s just me though, might be old-fashioned!

I know you probably spent a lot of money to be in their wedding, but whenever I spend a lot to be in weddings I still give gifts.  

Post # 11
2476 posts
Buzzing bee

I agree that you should give a little something… considering it is your brother getting married (I’m assuming you are close since you and your kids are in the wedding party). 

Post # 12
246 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I asked the same thing for my sisters party. I bought my dress, shoes, travel, threw her shower, bought a shower gift…. but this is what I told myself, “it’s your sisters wedding”. Its not like this occasion comes often, or every year like a birthday where you can make up for it next year if you need to. I know you’ve shelled out a lot already, we’ve all been there, but it’s your brother.

Post # 14
889 posts
Busy bee

good luck with the wedding!  I hope everything from here on out goes smoothly & you don’t have to make anymore changes!  Have fun!

Post # 15
5154 posts
Bee Keeper

Yes I would give a gift still 🙂 a little something…

Post # 16
3125 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2009

give something, even just something small.

The topic ‘Do you give a gift at the wedding if you & your 3 kids are in the wedding?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors