Post # 1
I have been working non stop, recently every other week I am working 7 days. I usually come home to cook, do light cleaning around the house, shower, a lil t.v, then bed. However, I am now sleeping for about 3-4 hours a night then I am up like a night Owl. Do any of you ladies have any tips for getting a good nights rest?
Post # 3
- Wedding: October 2011 - Bed & Breakfast
5mg of melatonin (found in the supplement section) 30 minutes before bedtime works well. Many years ago when DS was younger he was not so good at the sleeping thing. his doctor recommended this for him, and I tried it for myself, too. It doesn’t knock you out or anything, but it does help smooth out your body’s natural sleep rhythm.
Post # 4
@lovekiss: yes i heard of melatonin too, one of the phD’s at my job suggested that I try it but i did know if i would be knocked out, out. I am so tired and i am getting headaches from lack of sleep as well I am going to give it a try…Thanks
Post # 5
Black out drapes
White noise machine
Good pillow and mattress
All 3 are so amazing!! I can’t stand sleeping when there’s not black out drapes.
Post # 6
Yes, melatonin. Also, cut all caffiene after, say, 4PM and watch your nighttime intake of sugars and spicy foods.
Post # 7
Try not to eat too late at night, cut caffeine, and try Valerian root. It is a natural herb that really really can help. It is a natural muscle relaxer.
Post # 8
Everyone above has already commented with what I would have suggested!
Post # 9
@cbee: Where can I get Valerian Root?
Post # 10
– Routine is the biggest one. Your body will get tired naturally if you stick to the same pattern.
– Exercise before bed helps me a lot–I sleep much better on evenings I work out.
– A good pillow, good mattress, and a fan. Can’t sleep without them. We swear by memory foam. I have a memory foam pillow (Target) and mattress topper, and then a regular body pillow. I sleep on my side with the pillow between my knees and up under my chin.
– NO tv/phone/computer for an hour before sleep.
Here’s what I do. Exercise at 7:30 (30 Day Shred), shower at 8, followed by getting ready for bed (face stuff, lotion, brush teeth, blow dry hair, take out contacts, put on pjs, get a water and my book, lay out next day’s clothes, etc.), get in bed around 9, read for an hour, sleep at 10.