- 3 years ago
- Wedding: September 2014
Hello there bees! I am very new here (my first post!)
I have tried on dresses at a few different places, and looked at A LOT of dresses online, but I can’t seem to find exactly what I am looking for. I was hoping someone on here might have (or tried on) the perfect dress for me. If you have a picture of you in a dress that fits my discription, then I want to see it! Looking at the models in these dresses isn’t really helping me; I would prefer to see REAL brides in them!
Here are the things I am looking for in a dress:
- Accents my upper half: I have a very hourglass figure (larger bust, tiny waist, and big hips) and want to show it off. I want a sweetheart neckline to make the girls look good. I definitely want strapless, and if it isn’t sweetheart, then I want to be able to modify it to make it a sweetheart.
- Slim or modified A-Line: I want some poof, but not a ball gown. I tried on a dress at Alfred Angelo that was a ball gown that I liked (without the petticoat underneath so it wasn’t AS poofy), but it started flowing out at the waist, and didn’t show off the full “hourglass” only that top part. (I guess you couldn’t tell I had an hourglass figure because you didn’t know where my hips started to compare my waist to. Does that even make sense?) I also tried on a few fit and flare, but I didn’t want it flowing out under my hips because it makes my hips look huge! I want it to be fitting until the widest part of my hips, then flow downward or slightly out. I have seen some pictures of some fit and flare/trumpet dresses that would probably work without a petticoat underneath so it doesn’t come out as much.
- Lace: I want a lot of lace, but am leaning away from all over lace, but lace is a definite!
- Tulle: I want tulle (or similar matterials) to make it flowy. (imagine swinging on a swing and the dress flowing behind). I found another dress at AA that I liked, but it was really stiff and had no flow at all (but was the right silhouette)
- Details on the bottom: The dresses I like the most have tulle with lace lining the bottom. There were a few that I tried on that were okay, but if there was just tulle and nothing else at the bottom then I didn’t like it. (see pics below)
- Long train: This one isn’t really a huge thing for me, but if I’m listing off preferences that I might as well add this one as well. I am not a fan of sweep trains. I want something there!
- Color doesn’t matter to much to me. Two dresses I loved were champagne, but some were ivory or white. Leaning towards white/ivory, but not sure yet.
Here are a few examples of what I am looking for:
Reflections By Jordan : M282
(haven’t tried this one on, because there isn’t a retailer new me. Looks good, but doesn’t have a long train. I’m also not sure how “flowy” it is)
(haven’t tried this one on. This is a trumpet dress that might still work. I’m not positive about the top because I am not sure if it is see-thru or not. Also not sure if it would make my hips look too big)
Maggie Sottero – Emma
(haven’t tried this one on. Again, not sure about the silhouette)
Alfred Angelo 2300
(I would have the straps taken off this dress, but this is my favorite dress I’ve tried on so far. It doesn’t show off my hourglass figure very well and I wish it wasn’t as poofy since this is a ball gown (even without the petticoat). I don’t know if I could have some of the tulle underneath taken out in alterations to reduce the poof even more. Didn’t absolutely fall in love though, because I want something a little sexier.)
So fellow bees, can you help me?! Please show me some real pictures of these dresses or other ones I might have missed!
(p.s. Forgot to add. HELLO THERE! I’m very happy to meet you all! and thank you for reading my super long post)