Post # 1
- Wedding: May 2011 - Bartram's Garden
I won’t “unfriend” someone unless they’ve done something horrible, but there are a LOT of people that I hide from my feed so that I don’t have to see their status updates all the time.
- The friend, who, EVERY morning and EVERY afternoon, has to complain about how she’s stuck in traffic. Believe me, I hate traffic, too, but please. You are boring me.
- The person whose spelling and grammar are just ATROCIOUS. I can tolerate a typo or misspelling or two, but seriously, I can’t even understand what the eff this chick is saying.
- The old friend who is always SO BUSY. Her updates are always something like “There are never enough hours in the day!” Then stop updating Facebook and do whatever you’re so busy doing.
- The cousin who complains, complains, complains ALL. THE. TIME.
- The old high-school classmate who is going through a pretty bitter divorce. All of her updates are either passive-aggressive digs at her estranged husband, or OPENLY aggressive digs. I never knew her well and it makes me uncomfortable.
- The people who are app-crazy. I will usually hide individual applications, but when someone uses apps 30 times a day, they get hidden.
- I didn’t hide her, but I hid MYSELF from a girl I know who “likes” EVERYTHING. Seriously, she clicks the thumbs up on EVERYTHING. Even the bad stuff, like when the first girl is stuck in traffic, this chick “likes” that!
- The old college friend who feels the need to tell us every mundane detail of her day. I really don’t care that you had a Lean Cuisine for lunch or that you’re getting your bangs trimmed tonight.
- The friend who ONLY talks about her kids. I feel bad about this one, but I can’t help it, it bugs me. This girl posts 10, 12 times a day, always, always about her kids.
So, I can’t be the only one. Does anyone else hide people from their feed?
Post # 3
I hide a lot of the apps on their own so I don’t have to hide the people who play Farmville all day. I don’t have a lot of people who say the same things, but I have so many in my feed that I really can’t read them all in a day anyway.
Post # 4
I hide all applications. And the two guys that post political stuff constantly.
Post # 5
I think a lot of people hide ME from their feeds now a days lol. All my updates are wedding related and I bet it bugs the hell out of some of them, but I can’t help it 🙂
Post # 6
@dana – YES!
If you use farmville+++++ and I can’t keep up with banning those individual applications? you’re gone from newsfeed. If you post TMI messages too frequently? gone. if you are super right wing and constantly post about it? well, we probably aren’t friends anyway, but if not – gone. If you RSVP’ed yes to my wedding and then shot me a quick email to let me know you weren’t coming right before. Yep. Hidden. I’m still a little pissed and it’s months later, so i especially don’t want to hear about other trips and things they’ve planned when they conspicuously missed mine. :-X maybe that should go in the confessions thread!! haha
Post # 7
I hide the apps and a FSIL who always posts drama she says she wants to avoid but if so, why post on FB? And why get mad when someone calls you on it? 🙂
Post # 8
I hid my step-grandma because she was causing too much drama in the family and I just didn’t want to see it any longer but then my grandpa got sick so I had to “un-hide” her so I could get updates on him.
This may sound callous, but when he dies, she is SO unfriended.
Post # 9
I hide everyone that only posts political crap as their statuses, one guy that only talks in “street slang” and has terrible spelling and grammar, and my 17 year-old cousin that thinks it’s cool to talk about how he gets drunk and high all the time.
Post # 10
@danadelphia – I laughed out loud at my desk reading your post! Isn’t it funny that so many of us have completely annoying/bizarre Facebook friends!?!?!
Post # 11
I hid the girl who one day said, “I am so ugly and fat. No one will ever want me.” And then the next day she says, “I am so blessed to be a beautiful and strong woman. Life as a model and VIP is great” (she’s a receptionist at a rinky dink “modeling agency”….and then the next day she’ll say, “My hair is so ugly, but guys seem to love it. I don’t know, what do you think?” and then the next day, “Life as a VIP is so awesome. I love my life.” You get the point…everyday it is something about HER. drives me nuts.