(Closed) do you need to include ‘& guest’ to rehearsal dinner?

posted 8 years ago in Etiquette
Post # 3
669 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Are any of them coming from out of town? It would be incredibly rude to say they have to leave their dates at the hotel for the Wedding Party to go to the rehearsal dinner. Why couldn’t the dates come sit and watch the rehearsal?

Post # 5
2767 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

I think it would be nice.  I got invited to a Rehearsal Dinner once (since I was a bm) and I was pretty pissed my bf at the time (now husband) wasn’t invited too.  I had to drive 2 hours up to the rehearsal and I was planning on spending the night there.  My bf was going to come to the wedding too.  But since he didn’t get a Rehearsal Dinner invite I didn’t know if he should drive up with me the night before or what.  It just made things a huge hassle and was super inconvenient.  Please invite the +1 for your bridal party members at least.  

And yes, I’ve seen the dates and family members sit in the pews.  It’s not that bad.

Post # 7
231 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

they are  invited to the rehearsal bbq at my parents but not to the rehearsal itself.

Post # 8
129 posts
Blushing bee

If your wedding party is all local, I don’t think you have to include dates, though it definitely would be nice. However, for people who are traveling and bringing a date, I would invite the date to the dinner.

Post # 9
408 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2010

No, I think typically it they have traveled from out of town or long distances and are married/enggaed then you would include the significant other. Otherwise, I don’t see it as rude as not allowing a “date”…I mean its a rehearsal dinner….not such an event to just bring a random date just because!

It’s also a period to spend quality time with those that have labored to make your wedding day perfect!

Post # 10
9 posts
  • Wedding: June 2010

I was struggling with this as well as to invite my bridal party’s dates etc. to the rehearsal. My ceremony and reception is located at the same venue therefore, we are holding our rehearsal for the ceremony in one area of the venue and the dinner in the area we will be having our reception. So I can’t just invite them for the dinner portion since they are at the same location and to have them be present for the rehearsal, I think would be awkward especially while were trying to figure stuff out.

Also the main reason I am struggling as to inviting dates is two of my fiancé’s groomsmen (they both having been dating these girls for some time but not married) girlfriends are VERY hard for me to tolerate. I do it and only my fiancé knows that they are driving me crazy lol. Is it super rude of me to just want peace and happy thoughts without two very boisterous, attention needy, not so tactful women attending my very close family/friend orientated rehearsal? I’m not trying to sound like a drama queen but inviting them to the wedding is about all I think I could take (one of the gf knew my fiance’s ex and several years ago when we first started dating would make rude comments to him about how we should break up etc. and he should try again with so-and-so therefore, she has never liked me. I have no hard feeling for the women for her past opinions but I don’t want that kind of energy glaring at me the day before my wedding lol) however, I feel as though I need to include all of them or none of them. So can I skip out on the dates or do I need to just tough it upJ Any suggestions??

Post # 11
2404 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

yep, all SOs will be invited to the rehearsal dinner for us. Our bridal party is not that big so we’ll be ok 🙂

Post # 12
14186 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

All our wedding party’s SOs are invited to our rehearsal dinner. Two were engaged but two were in relationships. I felt it was wrong to exclude them. otherwise it’s just awkward!

The topic ‘do you need to include ‘& guest’ to rehearsal dinner?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors