(Closed) Do you think I could pull off mermaid/trumpet/fit & Flare?

posted 7 years ago in Full Figured
Post # 3
2821 posts
Sugar bee

I think you could definately pull it off.  And it’s got a decently classic design so if you really don’t like something about it once you try it on you might just be able to get alterations to fix whatever is bugging you.

Post # 4
860 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I think you could do it, but you never know until you try it on.  Maybe see if a boutique in your area can order one for you to try.

Post # 5
95 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

i say if you want to do a fit a flare, go for it! Im doing it and am the same size as you and ive gotten nothing but compliments. you could definately pull it off!

Post # 8
95 posts
Worker bee

Here is the pic from the website and a picture of me (and fiance ofc!). my dress is in alterations and i dont have any good pictures of me in it BUT if your interested in seeing it on me, i am going to be taking pics when i go pick my dress from alterations and can post them then. Its a fit and flare/trumpet and i feel great in it! Out of all the dress i tried on, i never imagined id pick the dress i did. I definately reccomend going to try some more fit and flares/trumpets so that youll be 100% sure thats the style you want, then if/when you are sure, order that one that you like 🙂

Post # 9
208 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

Personally, I think your body shape is perfect for a fit and flare. IMHO, they look best on women with serious curves, regardless of dress size. However, I’m not sure the particular fit and flare you chose would be the best choice. It’s gorgeous, but it’s made for someone long waisted. Your waist looks porportional to borderline short to me. Also, it draws ALL your attention to the waist area, and there’s no ruching to camoflage anything. The slightest pouch and that’s all you’d see.

I think you’d do better in something like this. I know it’s a mermaid, not fit and flare, but it would accent those curves beautifully and the ruching would hide minor problem spots.

Post # 10
979 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I think the black lace in the middle would just shrink you in the middle.  You could rock that dress.  Just try on something as simliar as you can get.  I say go for it.

Post # 12
86 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

do you plan to cover up your arms?

Post # 14
164 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Not sure where abouts you are in PA, but if you are willing to take a roadtrip there is an amazing store that carries Maggie dresses up in Fairport NY (sub of Rochester).  They are very helpful so you can always call them to see if they have the dress available to try on.  It’s called One Enchanted Evening and it’s where I am buying my dress.  Good luck and continue to be proud of those curves!

Post # 15
95 posts
Worker bee

I agree! Im not wearing a bolero either. As long as i feel good in my skin, i dont care what people think. PLUS my wedding is in July, and it could be HOT!

The topic ‘Do you think I could pull off mermaid/trumpet/fit & Flare?’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors