Post # 1
This is our ceremony site. There will be white chairs on either side of the walkway. Now here is my question. Do you think I need any flowers or does the location speak for itself? There is water behind the patio and also to the right of the grass.
Edited to add the ceremony will be at 6
Post # 3
@Britt214: What time of day will your reception be? Neat lighting could really make it pop if it is closer to the afternoon. Do you want/can you afford flowers? There are always other alternatives…
Post # 4
@bmo88: I could afford yes, but if it doesn’t need it then I don’t want to waste. I just can’t decide! 🙂
Post # 5
@Britt214: I am the same way! Fortunately there are some bushes/natural flowers in my venue. Perhaps utilizing ribbon or candles in vases along the walkway, next to the chairs would help it pop a little more!
For reference, this is what I am doing. Up front near the arch is where we will have the ceremony. There are a few bushes/flowers there, but I will not be adding any. The lanterns and a few vases with candles on the ground next to the path will be all the decorating I am doing!
Post # 6
Flowers are never necessary, but always nice. What about doing a petal aisle runner, or getting some baby’s breath and ribbon to attach to the outside of the chairs lining the aisle?
Post # 7
I think it could use a little something, but it doesn’t have to be flowers.
You could do paper lanterns (or glass/plastic lanterns), tulle, ribbons, white “xmas” lights, mason jars with candles in them, etc.
You could also just do “greenery” — garland and/or leafy plants. They might be cheaper and you could also keep them after the wedding is over.
Post # 8
If not flowers, than definitely lights!
Post # 9
I think it needs color. That doesn’t have to be flowers though As PP said, it could be paper lanterns or colored tulle or something like that. But a bit of color would be nice.
Post # 10
It’s really nice but I think a little bit of flowers would just enhance everything. You could keep it simple, maybe some flowers on the arch and possibly some flowers on the center isle of chairs, something like this;
Post # 11
Is that an archway that you will be standing under? I would decorate only that to add some colour – you could do a floral swag at the top of the arch, or decorate it with pomanders, etc.
Post # 12
No, save your money. It is very beautiful naturally!
Post # 13
Thank you ladies! I will talk to my florist and see if she has any ideas.
Post # 14
I love the venue as is, but I think flowers would be gorgeous too! I could see it both ways! Haha wow I’m no help… 🙂
Post # 15
my friend is on a budget for her wedding, dont know if you are or not. but if you are tight on cash, also depending on your time of wedding.
the fountain behind is very nice! my husband and i got married with an arch in front of a little mini lake and it was very sweet 🙂
- mason jars or little bucket pails with a candle inside on each end of the row of seats could look very nice (you could also paint the outside or inside of your jars of your wedding color to help let off that color hue)
- also look at dollar tree for paper lanterns, the paper lanterns are only in store and you may need to call around to a few to make sure they have them as some have there own wedding section/decorations section. They come with a battery operated candle on the inside
- if its during the day you could go to most likely any party store for paper lanterns or ebay in bulk, no lighting on inside but still a nice touch (i dont suggest ordering from china or hong kong though as it could take up to a month or more to recieve your items!)
- also if you feel you need something, get 2 potted medium largish plants just for in place were you could easily stand in between them (kinda like how you would under an arch)
- white chrismtas lights draping down like strands
- also i have noticed even though the flower girl throws petals, some have lined the sides of there runway with petals (you can buy fake in blunk on ebay or at the dollar tree also on there website) and then of course have your flower girl throw a diffrent color to help it stand out. you could also layer the are were you will be with petals
not dollar genaral, or family dollar i mean Dollar tree. they have a website were you can buy alot of wedding supplys in bulk, like plastic silverware but with the silver tint on it so it looks real and many other decorations.
Post # 16
I think something with some color would be nice, to add some brightness and make it a little more special. It doesn’t necessarily have to be flowers.
Other posters have given some good ideas!