Do you think we'll have enough food for 100 people? (POLL)

posted 2 years ago in Food
  • poll: Do you think we have enough food for 100 people?
    Yes, definitely. : (4 votes)
    36 %
    Nope, no way. : (6 votes)
    55 %
    Once you've sent me a sample, probably not... : (1 votes)
    9 %
  • Post # 2
    1259 posts
    Bumble bee

Well if you round that out, it’s just over 11 pieces per person. Which I think seems normal on top of the sandwich rolls, veggie platters and cheese and cracker platers you’ll be having. 

I do think however, that an extra dessert might be a nice touch. Just for some variety. 

Post # 3
    1893 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: September 2014 - Dallas, TX

I wouldn’t count on the people coming just for the reception to have eaten dinner. Truthfully, the time of your reception, to me, would indicate the a full dinner would be served, not just heavy hors d’oevres. I would definitely start spreading the word by word of mouth through family/friends that there won’t be a full dinner. That said, your hor d’oevres sound really yummy! I just worry it won’t be enough for the people expecting a meal.

Post # 5
    1893 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: September 2014 - Dallas, TX

MrsRevolutionize:  That makes a big difference! In that case you probably have enough because people will know to eat a little something beforehand.

Post # 6
    3668 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

So 96 each of all of those hot appetizers? I think you may run into problems where people really like one of the appetizers and eat like 3-5 of that particular one. Right now you have it where there’s essentially one per person of all of them. I would probably reduce the variety and increase the quantities, but I understand why you wouldn’t want to do that. Granted, you have a lot of food total, and it may not end up being a problem, but I’d be pissed as a guest if I watched others hoarding the mini beef wellingtons, for instance, and I didn’t get a chance to have one. Also, I’d start serving the hot apps when the reception starts, not wait until 7:30 to pass them.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors