(Closed) Do you wear black & brown together?

posted 7 years ago in The Lounge
  • poll: Do you wear black & brown together?
    Never : (23 votes)
    27 %
    Only when no one will see me : (5 votes)
    6 %
    Yes, but I make sure it's obvious it's intentional and "fashionable" : (35 votes)
    41 %
    Yes, they are both neutrals so what's the big deal? : (23 votes)
    27 %
  • Post # 3
    3672 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: March 2011

It used to bother me so much to mix brown and black and even navy and black.  But now I’ve realized it doesn’t look nearly as bad as I thought.  On a similar note though my FI’s brother has a very hard time with this and recently made a comment about having to buy a brown coat so that he had something to wear when he wore his brown shoes.  He even makes comments about it if someone else is wearing both colors (and he used to watch What Not to Wear).  

Post # 4
    648 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: April 2011

Heck no! My body revolts at the thought, even though I’ve seen it done really well. I’ve seen it a lot since we’ve been on vacation so people must getting the mesage that it’s ok. I, also, can’t do black and blue together so maybe I’m just weird.

Post # 5
    999 posts
    Busy bee

I don’t see why it can’t be together. I have been known to wear a brown top with black pants and black shoes. I thought it looked perfectly fine. But I haven’t been buying brown lately so I don’t do that combo. Mainly because I am too lazy to buy brown pants, brown shoes and a brown jacket to match if I wear brown.

Post # 6
    923 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

It really doesn’t bother me much at all, especially when its done thoughtfully.  I have a black pea coat, and I wear it with jeans and brown shoes all the time.  I also have no problem with black pants/brown shirt and other combos like that.

Post # 7
    527 posts
    Busy bee

I used to have a fear of pairing black with brown, but then I discovered that it has to be a particular shade of brown to work.  Now it doesn’t bother me as much…when done correctly.  Poor Mr wears the most awful shades of brown with black and it makes me nuts.  He’s learning though.  🙂

Post # 8
    5985 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: June 2010

black and brown together are a lot better than someone wearing three different shades of brown in the same outfit. LOL. THat is the worst. Actually i used to never never put brown and black together. i never thought of it but then I moved and started seeing people wear it and i just have adapted to it i guess 🙂

Post # 9
    4137 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: May 2011

as long as it’s the right shade of brown i do. i can’t do navy and black, though.

Post # 10
    1237 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: May 2015

I don’t wear a lot of black in general (browns and grays are my go-to neutrals) but I’m in the same camp with Clinton and Stacey – both neutrals, go for it. Oh, and I also feel like way about gold and silver jewelry which many people have a problem with. Smile

Post # 11
    2859 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2011 - Bartram's Garden

I’ll wear black with tan or cognac but not with dark chocolate brown.

Post # 12
    4485 posts
    Honey bee

Black and brown of any shade are paired together all the time. Not weird at all to combine them.

Post # 13
    5496 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: April 2010

I don’t like dark brown and black together 95% of the time. Same goes with navy and black as Kitzy mentioned.

Post # 14
    4415 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: December 2010

I think brown and black look fantastic together!!!  It’s very chic.  I really don’t know where this idea that they don’t go together came from.

Post # 15
    Hostess
    18646 posts
    Honey Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2009

I just try not to wear brown shoes with black pants or something.

Post # 16
    566 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: January 2011

I don’t really care about fashion and stuff, lol.  i wear it together.

The topic ‘Do you wear black & brown together?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors