Post # 1
… What if my body and baby decide to do something different and I start having contractions. Will my doc still force me to have a csection? Can this even happen? Just bored in my thoughts, but curious nonetheless.
Post # 2
Some doctors as a rule won’t do a VBAC. Others are open to it. You may want to talk to another doctor if you are really interested in a vaginal birth, to see if your specific circumstances mean you really need a second C-section, or if a vaginal birth could be an option.
As for what would happen, it really depends, both on exactly what’s going on in your labor, and why you had a c-section the first time. Some docs would send you straight to the c-section. The plan would be for you to have a c-section early enough that you’d be unlikely to go into natural labor, but of course it could happen. Ask your doc what his/her plans would be if that were to happen and why. If you’re satisfied with the answer, trust them. If not, maybe get a second opinion.
Post # 3
I think it would depend on your reason for having your first c-section. If there isn’t a medical reason that you can’t try for a VBAC I would recommend finding a providerwhose philsophy is more in line with yours.
Post # 4
If the repeat c-section is necessary, and you happen to go into labor before your scheduled date, then once you arrive at the hospital (and depending upon how far along you are in labor) they may give you a shot to try and slow things down, and get you right into the OR without delay. There are lots of reasons why (if the determination has been made not to try VBAC) this ‘urgent’ path is less desirable than a ‘scheduled’ path, but it’s not too uncommon.