(Closed) Does anyone have a 0.50 ct – 0.80 ct Halo engagement ring?

posted 5 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
3278 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

Mine is a .75ct in the center an I think it looks fine. If you want a halo I say go for it! 

Post # 6
3278 posts
Sugar bee

@RK312:  Thanks! I always thought I wanted a solitaire but when we went to just browse I saw this one and loved it!

Post # 7
1278 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

I love love love halos but its definitely a setting you will have to be comfortable with and deal with the talk of halos being trendy. Mine is .61 center stone

Post # 8
89 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I think your stone is the perfect size for a halo. Mine has a .70ct centre. I think my ring size is 4.25.

Side detail

Post # 9
808 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

I really like halos and I think your jeweler is wrong about them only being for larger stones. I’ve seen beautiful examples here on the bee of stones as small as .25 that look amazing in a halo setting.

I don’t have a halo setting as my husband doesn’t care for them but I love them!

Post # 10
703 posts
Busy bee

mine is a .5 center with .5 on the halo and band:) love love love halos so I say you should go with one;) 

Post # 11
1181 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I honestly thought that halos were more often on smaller rings.  I think they look amazing no matter what size the center stone is.  Don’t listen to the jeweller..what do they know about what YOU like?

Post # 12
3626 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

If I were you, I would go with a halo but keep it a smaller halo (e.g. Harry Winston micropave style). Mine is a very similar style to the HW micropave halo and I get a ton of compliment on it. I have a slightly larger cushion. Mine is a 1.06 ct cushion brilliant, F, VS1, and has hearts and arrows. I don’t think the halo detracts from the fire at all.

Post # 14
89 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

@RK312: yes, it’s a round. Lots of people think it’s bigger but I think must just have tiny hands! You’re right about the vintage thing btw…I’ve seen original versions of my ring from the Edwardian period that were identical. 

Post # 15
127 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

Def get the halo….

Post # 16
1603 posts
Bumble bee

I actually think halos look better on smaller stones! And a lot of time can make the stone look bigger WITHOUT detracting from it. I say go for it!

The topic ‘Does anyone have a 0.50 ct – 0.80 ct Halo engagement ring?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors