(Closed) Does this seem like enough food for 100 people

posted 7 years ago in Food
Post # 3
1498 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

This is how much Smithfield’s Chicken and BBQ reccommends for 50 people.  And I’ve used thier party packs before and they are pretty accurate.  I don’t know how lbs compare to pints, but it looks like you should have plenty since you are including a few extras above and beyond chicken and bbq.

Party Pack for 50 People

13 pints of BBQ, 75 pieces of chicken, 13 pints of cole slaw, 13 pints of potato salad, 25 dozen hushpuppies, 5 gallon of tea, 50 set-ups (plates, forks, cups, etc.) and ice.

p.s. If you aren’t from NC, you might not know what Smithfield’s is, but trust me… it’s delicious Eastern NC style BBQ and fried chicken.

Post # 4
581 posts
Busy bee

For the average party, it looks like enough.  I have found that the age of the crowd makes a difference.  If you have a good number of guests who are young men in their early twenties, they tend to eat a lot on the first pass, and then you might be in trouble and not have enough for everyone.  They take a single serving of each meat (pork, chicken, meatballs) instead of a little of each.  It’s truly a hard thing to gauge.  Your menu looks delicious!

Post # 6
321 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

check out this site:

http://lotsofinfo.tripod.com/index.html

specifically here:

http://lotsofinfo.tripod.com/H1servingamnts.htm

i had 60 lbs, 120 pieces of bone-in beef for 50 people and i had at least 20 lbs leftover, so you might be ok on the chicken. also depends if you’re having someone serve the meat or if people are serving themselves, it may be worth it to hire someone to just serve the chicken to make sure everyone gets at least one piece.

The topic ‘Does this seem like enough food for 100 people’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors