(Closed) Doing First Look & Majority of “us” pics — rings??

posted 6 years ago in Photos/Videos
  • poll: Are we supposed to wear our rings for/during first look pics?
    Yes! How else will you get pics with the sparklies? : (14 votes)
    44 %
    No! Are you insane? : (16 votes)
    50 %
    Other -- Tell me what to do. Lol. : (2 votes)
    6 %
  • Post # 3
    18645 posts
    Honey Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2009

We didn’t wear our rings for first look pictures.  There weren’t any done with our hands though.

Post # 4
    7587 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: December 2010

We didn’t wear them for our first look pics and for most of our portraits. We did take some right after too though and in those we obviously have on our rings.

At first I thought not wearing them would be weird, but then I realized it would be even more strange to fake the rings prior. 

Post # 7
    405 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: December 2012

Won’t you be having any photos taken after the ceremony?

Post # 9
    1761 posts
    Buzzing bee

Oh man! I am going to have this problem too. I would probably not wear them for the first look, but then put them on for the other pictures since they’re “wedding” pictures.

Post # 10
    2440 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: March 2012

We’re going to wear our rings. We’re doing the first look so we don’t have to take a bunch of pictures after the ceremony, so i want to make sure we get all the ones we need to ahead of time.

Post # 11
    6065 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: January 2012

Maybe you could just stress to your photographer that he has to take your ring pics before any of the family ones begin. It will only take a minute and the pics will have more meaning because you will be married!

Post # 13
    405 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: December 2012

Well, from all the wedding photos I’ve seen, the photos taken before the wedding are of the groom and bride getting ready, the maids getting ready, the wedding cars, the men goofing around, the dress, etc etc.

Most people have the proper wedding shots taken after the ceremony while the guests are heading to the reception area.

Are you seeing your finace before the ceremony?

Post # 14
    1235 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

@BerryBerry:  Its become pretty popular to have the bridal parties/bride/groom do pics together before the wedding starts in order to get in some shots and allow them to enjoy the cocktail hour or reception which may have otherwise been used to take pictures. Were doing a first look because we want to eat/enjoy everything and everyone at our wedding without the burden of stepping off somewhere to take pictures.

Post # 15
    3261 posts
    Sugar bee

I don’t think its a big deal if you wear your rings. 

Post # 16
    63 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: July 2011

We both wore our rings (I wore both E ring and wedding band) in first look pics and don’t regret it for a second!  Seemed natural, since it was our wedding day, after all.  And, I like having our rings in the photos.

The topic ‘Doing First Look & Majority of “us” pics — rings??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors