(Closed) Dream dress is on sale for $200! Buy it or wait?

posted 5 years ago in Dress
  • poll: Buy it now or wait?
    Buy it now if you can try something similar on before you purchase it : (18 votes)
    15 %
    Buy it now, no matter what. If you love the dress go for it! : (31 votes)
    26 %
    Wait it out, your tastes may change. : (35 votes)
    30 %
    Wait it out and try on the actual dress. Then hope it goes on sale again. : (34 votes)
    29 %
  • Post # 3
    2965 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: April 2013

I wouldn’t buy a dress online before trying it on. I learned my lesson. And it won’t be easy trying to sell a dress like that.

Post # 4
    653 posts
    Busy bee

buy it!! or you may regret it

Post # 5
    2426 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

For $200 I would buy it now. Is it final sale or is it still eligible for return if you get it and don’t like it on?

Post # 6
    2616 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

wait it out, try it on  and it probably will go on sale again

Post # 9
    1083 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

I would try it on. What if you don’t love it on your body?

Post # 10
    2501 posts
    Sugar bee

@Tarheelgurl:  I would go ahead and buy it, especially if it’s not final sale. What do you have to lose besides shipping?

Post # 11
    165 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: February 2013

I would wait. I thought I knew what dress I wanted, but when I put it on my body, I ended up not being as in love with it as I thought. Plus, when the wedding is 2 years away, that’s plenty of time to save an extra $300.

DB has dress sales ALL THE TIME. It seems like everytime I go in there they’re having a huge sale. So the chances of it being on sale again are good

Post # 12
    2648 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

Can you make a fun day trip out of it with a/some girlfriend(s)? You could talk wedding stuff in the car, go try on the dress, maybe even have her/them try on BM dress(es) for fun and to see what style you like, have some grub at a nice restaurant, drive back? Overnight trip? 

I bought my specific dress without trying it on because it’s custom made with a serious alteration (strapless to vneck), but I made sure to try on dresses that were as similar as possible first. If you can’t make it to DB, definitely find similar shaped dresses with the same kind of material/look. Good luck!

Post # 13
    732 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

If it is from David’s Bridal than I would buy it. You can try it on and then you have 30 days to return it. My future SIL did this. She got a dress she loved and then once it came in she went to DB to try on other dresses to make sure it was the one she wanted. She ended up picking a different dress and returning the one she had bought. 

Post # 14
    6018 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: March 2012

It’s really pretty!!! I’d buy it since you can’t make it to the store to try it on.  Maybe bring a pic of it with you to a local bridal shop and see if they have something similar.  Then snatch up the sale dress.

Post # 15
    8491 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: April 2014

I wanted that dress so much. They stopped selling it in my size though. I say get it!

Post # 16
    200 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2014

I’d go try it on and if you love it buy it! But like some of the others say don’t just jump to buy without seeing it, you may hate it after trying it on.. I know that happened to me with a few dresses.

The topic ‘Dream dress is on sale for $200! Buy it or wait?’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
    I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors