- 2 years ago
- Wedding: July 2014
Before: too big, too long, not poofy enough on the bottom and from behind I had no butt. It was also too big on top…was totally nervous about a nip slip during the bouquet toss haha.
Crinoline sewn in now (no longer have to wear the slip, yay!), hemmed, taken in on the sides and the top. Still needed to be fixed on one side due to a weird ripple, also needed the sash sewn on and cups added, as well as a bustle.
Sorry for the massive last picture. I took it myself vs. my mom taking it and sending a compressed version to me. BOOM, I now have a butt…hello butt :). My seamstress was a family friend and she inititally said I would need butt pads but after the first round of alterations she changed her mind haha. I flipping love it from the side. I also decided to lose the bow and I made a detachable addition for my sash which I posted below (just need to find one more clip for it as I have a paper clip on it). Straight on I would have liked it to be taken in at the knees so it flared more but if it was tighter I wouldn’t wear it all night for the dance, so I never asked to have that changed. I fully plan on wearing it as along as possible…like…until we do last call…maybe I will lose it if we decide to have a fire haha. I won’t be getting it boxed up and washed because it just wasn’t expensive ($575.00 and $150.00 alterations) enough to bother. Maybe just wear it around the house cleaning :p.