(Closed) Dress Dilemma & Depressed!!!

posted 7 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
2385 posts
Buzzing bee

@Renee37: have you tried looking at consignment shops, preowned wedding dress shops, or for preownded dresses in general? You can look at dresses you can’t afford in the expensive bridal shops, find out what you like, and what size you are, and then find the same dress, preowned for much cheaper.

Post # 4
46128 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

Have you been following this thread? Church’s Bridal has unbelievable prices on samples etc

http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/found-a-designer-gold-mine-today-lots-of-pics-inside

Here are the dresses on ebay for less than $300

http://clothing.shop.ebay.com/Wedding-Dresses-/63851/i.html?_nkw=wedding%20dress&_catref=1&_dcat=63851&_fln=1&_ssov=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m282&_mPrRngCbx=1&_udlo=0&_udhi=300

Post # 5
247 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Have you looked at the PacificPlex dresses on Amazon? They have a couple that work well as wedding dresses in the 80-100 range–I’ll be wearing one of them as an underdress for a lace dress in the family (and then putting a bolero on instead when it’s dinnertime, don’t want to get BBQ sauce on the family dress!).

Also, Craigslist–mostly crap, but every once a while, treasure…

Post # 6
1869 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

I’d definitely recommend the Church Street Bridal WB link Jules1949 provided.  I also went to http://www.preownedweddingdresses.com and searched for dresses between $100 and $300 for sale.  Almost 700 came up, so maybe try looking there?  You’ll find something soon I know it!

Post # 7
165 posts
Blushing bee

Try David’s bridal- they sell clearance dresses online and in their stores. Some are as low as $99.

How about a bridesmaid dress ordered in white or ivory?

Do you someone who recently got married and will let you wear their dress?

anntaylor.com has 2 on sale in your price range.

macys.com has a few less than $200

Hope this helps!

Post # 8
46128 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

@kristophine: Out of curiosity I looked at the dresses on Amazaon. There are some great possibilities there! Thanks for sharing.

Post # 9
1734 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I would echo djoann and say that a bridesmaid dress in white or ivory is a GREAT option. Alfred Angelo’s dresses would be particularly good for this, IMO, since they have a lot of different cuts and fabrics, and most of them come in white or ivory. Then you can get on Etsy and find a cute beaded belt or fabric flower or some little detail to really make it pop. Good luck! 🙂

Post # 12
2299 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Have tried looking on ebay? That’s where I bought my gown which was originally $2,000+ and I got it for $400. It was never worn and you can find some great deals!

Post # 13
2550 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

You need to first determine your size and style.  It doesn’t matter if you can’t afford the dresses @ the shop, its all about getting your size.  Once you know, you can easily find a dress online.  Pre-ownedweddingdress.com is a great site to find a sample dress since you will already know your size.  I would search by price. 

Also start looking for a seamstress to handle any alterations.

Since you are having a small intimate home wedding, check out simple sheath dresses as well as tea length dresses.  You can always were a cream, light blue, pink, or peach dresses.(I personally like softer colors for weddings). 

Good Luck!!!!

Post # 14
10 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2011
Post # 15
10 posts
Newbee
Post # 16
10 posts
Newbee

Check out afloral.com budget friendly and great customer service! I have a friend that got her dress there and LOVES it!! They have them in different styles and everything!!

The topic ‘Dress Dilemma & Depressed!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors